Struck out twice this weekend fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by jlingle, Mar 26, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

Altus, Okl
    Well poo. I wish I was coming on here to tell you about all the freezers full of fish I was catching, but I guess it just doesn't always happen that way. Went out last night and fished the north fork of the red river and between 3 of us we didn't catch a single fish.

Today I went to the north end of Lake Lugert and fished. I'd been reading on here about "fishing the birds" and as I was driving along going to the river at the north end, I saw several hundred cormorants and pelicans in the lake at the north end, where the river flowed in. This area of the lake is extremely shallow, but I thought "what the heck" and gave it a try. The wind was blowing about 25 mph, but I determined to fish today anyway, and I struck out again. The worst part is that I had to walk about 3/4 of a mile through some slippery muck to get to where the birds were. Not even a bite. Bummer.

I know the darn fish are biting somewhere around here, I guess I'll have to get more creative and just find 'em. Anybody else having similar luck?

Good luck to all,

2. oldwhiskers

oldwhiskers New Member

Memphis, TN
    Hate to hear that you didn't catch any. I wanted to go this weekend but have been holding off with the crazy weather. It turned off with some cold nights here over the weekend.