Struck out twice this weekend fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by jlingle, Mar 26, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well poo. I wish I was coming on here to tell you about all the freezers full of fish I was catching, but I guess it just doesn't always happen that way. Went out last night and fished the north fork of the red river and between 3 of us we didn't catch a single fish.

Today I went to the north end of Lake Lugert and fished. I'd been reading on here about "fishing the birds" and as I was driving along going to the river at the north end, I saw several hundred cormorants and pelicans in the lake at the north end, where the river flowed in. This area of the lake is extremely shallow, but I thought "what the heck" and gave it a try. The wind was blowing about 25 mph, but I determined to fish today anyway, and I struck out again. The worst part is that I had to walk about 3/4 of a mile through some slippery muck to get to where the birds were. Not even a bite. Bummer.

I know the darn fish are biting somewhere around here, I guess I'll have to get more creative and just find 'em. Anybody else having similar luck?

Good luck to all,

Jerrod

2. oldwhiskers

oldwhiskers New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Hate to hear that you didn't catch any. I wanted to go this weekend but have been holding off with the crazy weather. It turned off with some cold nights here over the weekend.