Struck out on Wateree

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Frostman, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Frostman

Frostman New Member

State:
    Kershaw, SC
    We fished the upper part of Lake Wateree this morning until about 1:30 pm and didn't get a single hook-up. Only one bite. We did have fun catching bunches of white perch and 6-8 inch cats (whites, blues, and channels) using worms on dropper rigs.

It was nice on the lake - after the early moring thunderstorms moved safely away. It didn't get really warm until about noon when the sun starting shining through.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Well, Jim, at least you had a beautiful morning out on the water. While it would be ideal, we're not gonna get into fish every trip.

3. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    You need to use cutbait or live fish to get better bites. Try drifting or anchoring with live bream, shad, or white perch for bait. Also put some cutbait out. I would put the worms away after you catch bait.

4. Frostman

Frostman New Member

State:
    Kershaw, SC
    Bream Baiter - We were using fresh cut bait (shad, perch, bream). We drifted most of the time, but did anchor once. The worms were for catching white perch for bait and generally occupying time while we waited on the big boys to bite.

5. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    at least you had a good day on the lake!

6. rattler316

rattler316 New Member

State:
    sc
    hey frostman where do ya live I live in kershaw also?

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

When I come down that way and fish we use Herring, you may want to try those out.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Usually if bream or white perch don't catch them nothing will.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Jim, that lake is hot or cold. I have fished there and caught 1-2 small channels and then I have fished there and caught8-10 fish between 15-25 pounds. Most of time it is the water movement, but I have had bad days when the water was moving.

Fish that lake in January-March and your chances will increase for a big fish. Let me know and we will head down there sometime.

10. Frostman

Frostman New Member

State:
    Kershaw, SC
    Rattler316 - I live on Phillipstown Rd.

Dieter - I free most any time - let me know what suits you.

11. rattler316

rattler316 New Member

State:
    sc
    I live right off of country club rd.