Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched from Golconda Marina this morning and hit some deep holes I had spotted on navionics. But we got skunked. I managed to catch a few shad for the next trip.

Highlight of the trip was seeing two bald eagles before we even left the Marina. We later saw another pair.
PXL_20210425_122654029.jpg
PXL_20210425_142513378.MP.jpg

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Good you got to look around the area even if you didn't hook up. It's almost a given you are going to get to see Bald Eagles if you are on the water early in the morning between Golconda and Cave In Rock. Almost 90% of out fish come from drifting/dragging, Steve Douglas has several good videos on U-tube explaining it if you have never done it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We launched from Golconda Marina this morning and hit some deep holes I had spotted on navionics. But we got skunked. I managed to catch a few shad for the next trip.

Highlight of the trip was seeing two bald eagles before we even left the Marina. We later saw another pair. View attachment 324192 View attachment 324193
Just a little farther , bout 100ft , from your boat in that selfie pic , April 7th I got hit by a sliver .
Also right around the corner in the mouth of Lusk , we caught 2 skipjacks on white crappie jigs.
Got them froze for next time.
Good luck and have fun whenever you can.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I want to get out to the Ohio. Its about the same distance as I drive to get to the Suskie. Id love to fish a spot that had flats and blues. For me , I have to choose...potomac for blues or suskie for flatheads.

Looks like you guys had a nice day on the river!! I'm still amazed every time I see an eagle. I remember being a kid and seeing an eagle being RARE.

This past weekend I saw probably 10-12 different ones In 1 day of fishing. Pretty neat how quick they came back after we quit poisoning them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts