Struck out on catfish today!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by rebcatman, Mar 11, 2006.

1. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    While the weather was nice and I only had to share the pond I fished with one other angler, I can't say the fishing was good. My son and I caught one small bluegill and that was it. The other guy did loose one catfish right at the bank... Oh well, it was just nice to get out and fish.

2. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

what a great way to spend time with kids even if no catch some of the best times are just hangin with the youngins

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I went fishing with the wife yesterday all day in the mississippi and we didn't get 1 bite.. So I went back last nite with the youngest boy, and same thing... not one bite... not a good way to start off the year.:crying:

4. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I know the feeling, The wife daughter and i took the boat out yestarday to do a little fishing we didn't catch anything but had a nice day on the river listening to music and just enjoying the great outdoors on the mississippi.. the water temp @ the surface was 41.5* we had our life vests on most of the time air temp was aprox 70*

5. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i struck out also yesterday

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    but the question that must be ask...did ya have fun doing it.:rolleyes:

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Definately had fun... but it sure would have been nice to catch something or at least had the chance to miss something:crying:

8. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sure beats not fishing at all. Better luck next time. :)

9. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    heard that. My wife took her yearly vacation to Florida last wed. and will return tues. With the temp. here highest of the year 60's most of the time she has been gone it is like torture. Wouldn't be so bad but I have had one kid sick the whole time so I can't even take them out to pan fish. When she gets back the forcast is calling for upper 30's for a week. Now that is nice! Looks like back to winter fishing tuesday night for me.

10. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I don't feel so bad now lol... Ya, it was a blast to be out fishing after a long winter. And of course passing on my love of fishing to my son can't be beat either.

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    You nailed it right there, Tom! Spending time with your son and sharing with him your love of fshing and the outdoors is priceless. There's way too many kids whose fathers don't spend enough, or any, time with them. You're being a great dad :thumbsup:

12. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Thanks Patman.

It has been fun taking him fishing the last couple of years, and each year he gets more and more into it.