stripers

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by j simpson, Mar 31, 2008.

1. j simpson

j simpson New Member

State:
    nc
    can anyone tell me on here where on old hickory lake is good for stripers any help would be helpful thanks

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I see a lot of them jumping on the main channel about them dam all the time, but many many many guys fish for them around the Gallitan Steam Plant. I mark them on the sonar all the time in the channel wackin shad so their in there.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    In the wintertime the discharge at the Gallatin Steamplant is as good as it gets. In the sring and summer months the intake channel is really good. Also you can go up river about 8 miles from there and find a long island named Cunninghams island and the stripers hold in 70' water in the summers hottest months. Hope this helps!:big_smile:

4. j simpson

j simpson New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks guys big help my brother lives there was thinking about going there striper fishing in a few weeks

5. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    All I've caught so far this year has been stripers. I've only been able to go 3 times, and everytime I've loaded up on stripers. They are plentiful around Gallatin. I was on Lock 4 Road at one of the rec areas. Hope that helps. Have a great time!:wink:
    Deb

6. j simpson

j simpson New Member

State:
    nc
    Is any of these areas near spring creek, thanks for all the help.