Stripers? seen a few people fishing for them around birds.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Nov 6, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Anyone caught any stripers....seen a few people fishing for them around birds working bait on the surface, but have not seen any fish come up.

Just curious:confused2:

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Well jeff am from cali and the bite up here is on FIRE my son and i have slayed them for the last month or so and it's only going to get better with the cooler temp's.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    The striper bite down here in Georgia has broken wide open :big_smile: It would be hard not to catch at least one the past few days. Early morning and the first few hours after dark have been the magic hours for me

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Oh man I cant't wait for our birds to come back . Our birds migrate and with the cold here they should be here soon...I'm ready to chase some birds !!

-Jim-

And yea, the bite is on here also .

5. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    hey Jeff, some guy was telling me his son took some eels to the Benjamin Harrison Bridge a few weeks ago & slayed'em for a couple hours. (That's always a good place to check) I've seen a bunch beating the banks & trolling lately around the D.G. area, but no "real" success stories with my own eyes.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I was in Va beach the past week we went on the bay and had real good luck fishing around the 3rd island my largest 34 inches My son caught a couple 32's:smile2: