Stripers on Lake Norman

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by quailman, Jan 19, 2007.

1. quailman

quailman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    My boys have been going to norman lately trying to catch some stripers and having a little luck but they were just hoping for a little help. any help would be greatful

2. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    I hope they are better at catching fish than they are at riding bulls.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    You might try Hagers Creek, take the right fork and look for a minature light house on a dock (it has black and white rings). I was just in there looking for cats and marked gobs of bait and stripers. Also, check out Little Creek (1/2 to 3/4 way back in the creek). Bait and stripers were marked at 25 to 30 feet. Good luck.

4. quailman

quailman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sounds like someone is jealous of the bullriding skills maybe you just need to keep growing grass.

5. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    heh quailman, we caught a few on the west bank of the main channel just north of hicks creek (state park will be on the east bank). Look for a new log cabin on the west side and troll the best live bait you can get. Also we got a couple 2 weeks ago on the underwater hump just south of McCrary creek access cove. BE there early the best bite is at dawn.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Woooooooo...a cat fight!!! :lol:

Listen to LakeNormanBlues. He knows stripers on that lake. I have learned from him that the creek that is hot this week may leave you dragging untouched bait for hours next week. :smile2:

7. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    wyliecat It is understood that what works on Norman today may not work tomorrow :smile2: but the log cabin has been good 3 of 4 trips

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    The log cabin area produced the winning fish in the NFA tournament this past Sunday and the guy that caught it won $1,200 for a 6.3 pound striper. It was a big fish tournament (only one fish can be weighed). Mac

9. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    my buddies fished the tournament they finished 4th. Me I had to work:angry:

10. quailman

quailman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    My boys cought one on sunday that was at least 6 lbs but thats the only one they landed they had one real nice one get off on side the boat because they didnt have a net and they were fishing a cove around the duke power state park.

11. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    It is always some excuse. I didnt have a net or I thought he would turn back to the right. Always something. The wife said yall werent much better at deer hunting either. She said she could teach yall how to catch a striper also if yall needed help.

12. quailman

quailman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well next time why dont you take a pic of a fish you cought and put that pic on here...

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    WOW!! A six pound striper makes a lot of bait!! :big_smile:

14. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    hey if you get one on Hickory it will yield twice as much bait as a Norman fish!!!:lol:

15. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    That was the one I caught. I didnt want to put a picture up of the little one you caught.

16. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Jerry Neely must have killed them this Saturday. He said he caught 17 stripers on Norman on his fishing report. Double G doesn't even have those kind of numbers!:big_smile:

17. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Mudkip, I love your humor. But, there is a lot of truth in your statement.

18. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Do you think Jerry is counting by 2's 3's or 4's??? Chris said he only boated 2 linesiders in a whole day 'o fishing the big lake this Sat.

19. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Mudkip, my last message to you was in reference to the remarks about Lake Hickory stripers verses LKN stripers. I don't know if the Lake Hickory stripers would work as well as the LKN stripers because they don't have the extra stuff that LKN stripers enjoys (ie, possible flyash, mercury, etc. and all that other good stuff). On the topic of Jerry counting his stripers that he caught on LKN. I must say, 19 stripers in one trip is a bunch. You don't think he got into some big white perch and confused them with stripers. They are in the same family, you know.

20. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    You never know Mac! You never know!!!:lol: