stripers from the yak 9/17

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by Yakdawg, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
  2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Those stripers are a great catch! We look forward to learning a few things from you.

Welcome on board! :0a25:

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats on a good day yak fishing! You might want to put an extra beer in a fish bag to keep cool, in case you are busy again next outing!:big_smile:

4. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Thanks guys!

I have to admit, when I started yak fishing in January I as skeptical if I would like it.....I wish I started earlier, it is a blast! Over 50 yak trips now and counting...

Hoping to get to a small lake next week that holds some good cats, will post up the results!

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats,those are some fne looking stripers

6. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Greg
    I feel the same way. I have been fishing from a canoe for years and the first time I put my butt in a Yak I knew I had found my new passion.

7. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Hey Kansas, fishing from a yak is as good as it gets in my opinion!

Kind of funny, my dad gave me a small fiberglass fishing boat last week.....I now have to figure out how I am going to use it! I think I will just use it to scout around the lake for good spots to fish from the yak or when friends want to fish!

Lake lanier is a striper and spotted bass fishery, the lake record cat is only 14#, I am trying to figure out how to break that from the yak, would be pretty fun!

8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Nice fish. I'm guessing he came out of Lanier. Im thinking of making a run down river for trout from the dam to hwy 120 soon.

9. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Creteus, the fish in my avatar came from the Savannah river....

The Hooch is a nice float! I usually float from abbots to medlock bridge, some nice brown trout in that section (and only a four to six hour float) Hit me up when you get ready to make the float, I haven't fished the hooch since I got addicted to lanier stripers!