Stripers at Racoon Lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wabash fisherman, Aug 28, 2007.

1. wabash fisherman

wabash fisherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does anyone fish for strippers at racon lake? and if so can you tell me how and when to go. i would love to catch one. Doug

2. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i dont know how to fish for them but i,ve seen some of the one,s pulled out of raccoon lake and their nice size and look like they put up a good fight . last one i seen was 26lb there,s a bait shop on the side near the damn and they keep pics of what,s caught on the lake and what their using to catch them . i hope this helps ya good luck

3. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I havent personally fished for stripers here but I know a couple of guys who have. They fished with live bluegills either trolling by the dam or finding shollow points close to deeper water. Hope this helps.

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Where exactly is racoon lake?

5. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    flootie raccoon lake is about 30 miles west of indianapolis and it,s right on us 36 . us36 cross,s it about midway it,s our 3rd largest lake in indiana i hope this helps . there,s a nice area for bank fishing down by the damn and a pretty good amount of bank fishing around the lake

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hmm, is there a horsepower restriction on the lake? cuz it sounds like i might wanna come up and give that lake a try

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hey Fella's is this by where they have the "cover bridge festival" in October? Am I thinking of the correct lake in that area? thanks

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Also Doug, over here in Illinois we do alot of trolling for them with big cranks and Jigs, works very well, and so does the live bait aspect. Good Luck there

9. CPD159

CPD159 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No horse power limits. Yes it's near the Covered Bridge festival. Not too highjack this thread but I have caught some really good cats there over the last 3 weeks.

10. wabash fisherman

wabash fisherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey guys thanks for all the help, Ya its where the cover bridge festival is in october. I going in the morning to look around by the dam and to stop in the bait shop to try to get a little more insight. A guy i work with says they are going to start running real soon. I think between now and then i'm going to try to make some kind of hillbilly downrigger system. Thanks Doug