Striper snagging

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BIGCATFISHDAN, Oct 24, 2008.

1. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    I WAS OUT AT MULESHOE BEND, AS I WAS PACKING UP LCRA POLICE PULLED UP AND STARTED ASKING ME QUESTIONS, LIKE CATCH ANY FISH,THAT SURE IS SOME HEVY EQUIPTMENT,WHAT ARE U AFTER,WELL I SHOWED THEM WHAT WAS INSIDE THE COOLER,AS THEY LOOKED THEY SAID OK YOUR GOOD TO GO.I ASKED IF THERE HAD BEEN SOME PROBLEMS OUT THERE. THEY SAID THAT PEOPLE HAD REPORTED A MAN SNAGGING STIPPERS IN THE AREA. I HAVE NEVER HERD OF PEOPLE SNQAGGING STRIPPERS BEFORE,.

2. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    That a new one on me. They used to snag salmon in Mi. Then it was illegal, then certain places with a snagging. Then it was a certain size hook. Then the snaggers had that size hook on a lead weight and called it a lure. Then they would bust the snaggers for illegal motion (only two times trying to set the hook per cast. When I was young we use to set on the bridge and watch for carp and suckers to pass through and snag them.

3. jimmy willaby

jimmy willaby New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I SNAGGED A STRIPPER AT A CLUB ONE TIME IN DALLAS , PRETTY LITTLE THANG. :smile2:

4. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I never snagged one,but I have seen and smelled them.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Wasted some money on Strippers before myself...............................

As for snagging Stipers, well no I have never heard of it.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    You have to have alot of money to actually snag one, otherwise they will use you till it's gone.....

7. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    STRIPERS