Striper On the Delaware River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by DawgHouse, Apr 6, 2009.

1. DawgHouse

DawgHouse New Member

State:
    PA
    Hello all, Went fishing Friday night hoping to get a big striper on the delaware river, but ended up haulin up 5 channel cats and 1 white cat I was told. I guess I will give the striper another few days to make it up to my spot. In the mean time I guess I should start hunting down some herring.

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Not too bad of a day...

3. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

welcome to the boc! what area of the delaware are you fishing?

4. RedTideDiver

RedTideDiver New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Mabye you get them nextime. I think in a couple more weeks it will turn on.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    You know Jim, if your really nice and let my daughter stay over again next weekend and have your wifey call my wifey, I just might take you to the honey hole :wink:.

6. DawgHouse

DawgHouse New Member

State:
    PA
    It's easter this weekend and the wife works. But you can take me to the honey hole on friday night.

7. DawgHouse

DawgHouse New Member

State:
    PA
    I was fishin down toward the airport, where ever I could get close to the river without getting car jacked.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I've fished down there plenty of times and have never had a problem. I fish in the middle of the city and I'm still alive. There's only fisherman back there, not crackheads!:cool2::smile2:

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I've caught the biggest stripers of my life on the Delaware River during the spring run on bloodworms.

If you can get fresh herring, you are pretty much guaranteed a cow!

10. DawgHouse

DawgHouse New Member

State:
    PA
    This is true, I've never had a problem in the city, but Kenlaw76 and I have seen some crackheads when we were fishing trust me!!:wink:

11. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I will tell ya Jim and I have seen some messed up stuff fishing down around the city. Tan, you never had a problem down their cause you are the right nationality. I went down their once with one of my buddies for stripers and their were about 10 asian guys down their and it felt like we were getting the evil eye all night. I tried to talk to one of the guys our age and acted like he didn't know any english. But when the cops came down to check the spot out, those guys new alot of english.

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Other than the shore, but in almost a dozen years of fishing in the city limits of Philadelphia, the only place you'll ever see 10 asian guys fishing is UPS behind the airport.

13. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Dam Tan your good. That is exactly where we were. out on the rocks. It was funny tough cause those guys were out there when the tide came in and got stuck out on the rocks :smile2:. I was watching their shoes and stuff start floating away :smile2:. They were pissed.