Striper Fishing on Hartwell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SC Hartwell, Oct 10, 2006.

1. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Have any of you guys fished Hartwell for striper this time of year. I am planning on going for them on one of my outings. I have an 18 ft boat with some water lights to attract bait fish, I also have a fishfinder to find the schools. I usually put in at lawrence bridge. I will be fishing at night. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks guys,
    Jason D

2. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the stripers are gonna be really scattered since the lakes is turning and hard to catch. they were catching some at conaross few wks ago. you may want to try down the lake a ways. most striper fishing from now till spring will be done during the day. I have never started on them this early i use to start around the 1st of nov. from nov till feb and maybe march the seneca river from portman marina all the way up to senaca marina will be good and up conaross also. My largest came from out in front of twin lakes boat ramp on new yrs eve and it was 29 lbs. Alot of fish this time of yr will be caught on freelines or pulling planer boards. Or you can find schools of fish and use jigs for them.

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thanks man! I know how to catch the hybrid, but needed that help on striper.

4. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    I think the most fun time to catch them is in the spring when you can anchor on points and fan cast around the boat and catch them on cut bait though.

5. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    up in the river arms that is.

6. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Yea I will have to try that when spring and summer come around.