"Striper Fishing at Night"

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by shania, Sep 4, 2009.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hello Gang,
    Well - It that time of the year again - I'm talking about "Teach Bert (Shaina) how it should be done" aka "Brain picking time again".
    (lol)
    OK - with that being said, it's about that time of the year in my area & maybe in your area as well - where we have a thing that we call "The Stripers Run" & I like to fish for them with lures. I have caught my share of them with the stander baits, but I would like to get these fish on lures (from the shoreline). I'm going to be attending a fishing gathering in October (2nd - 4th) & I'm going to be doing a lot of "Night Fishing for them".
    So my question to you is:
    Has anybody out there fished for them at night? & If so, I would like to read all about your experience with this.

Anything on this would be :0a31:.

Take Care,
    Bert (Shania)

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    A good allaround lure is a bucktail jig. As well super flukes and an antique lure.. an "ABU" familiarly close to the rooster tail is the bomb. Sand bars on rivers with this technique is killer when they're running.

3. tightlines10

tightlines10 New Member

State:
    california
    yup i love to fish stripers at nite cuz they come up top to feed so get them top water lures going ill catch em all nite with zarra spooks.

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    how about chrome rattle traps?

5. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    if they are on top nothing beats a brokenback thunderstick of rapala f18. if trhey are a little deeper either a swamp munkey or bucktail with a fluke traler