Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot off the cell, a striper buddie just called me (3-14-08 @ 4:15 PM) and informed me that he had just caught a nice blue on his planer board while he was fishing for stripers. The fish measured 41" and had a girth of 34" and he wanted to know how much it weighed, he said it was a fat hog. I estimate somewhere around 55 to 56 pounds. He said it took him and his partner 20 some minutes to get it in the boat. They were using 15 pound test line and the fish went around the boat four times. Striper bud was nice, he let it go.

Water temp was 58.9 degrees and the blue hit at the mud line. He informed me that they were going real slow bouncing the live bait (bream) off the bottom.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am going to looking for a lake norman guide later this year. For either bass, cats, strippers or even crappie just want to fish while visiting my kids and grand kids who live in Huntersville. Any recomendations?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am going to looking for a lake norman guide later this year. For either bass, cats, strippers or even crappie just want to fish while visiting my kids and grand kids who live in Huntersville. Any recomendations?
I recommend you talk with LakeNormanBlues aka Mac Byrum. His contact information is in the guide section on this board. He's one of the best!

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
"...I am going to looking for a lake norman guide later this year. For either bass, cats, strippers or even crappie just want to fish while visiting my kids and grand kids who live in Huntersville. Any recomendations?..."

LakeNormanBlues is the man to call. Heck, he will even post some pics of you on the BOC!!! :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.