Striper Bass as Bait

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by stingerbt, Dec 18, 2009.

1. stingerbt

stingerbt New Member

State:
    IL
    A local state park just released a massive amount of these little things you cant keep them off a hook. I was wandering if they would be any good for Flatheads? I just found this site and I love it. Got my boat last year, and this year I am going after the bigguns. Thanks in advance

2. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    dont know your rules there but I wouldnt try that you may get the biggun $$$$$ in fines or jail

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Striped bass are like shad, you can't keep em live long enough in baitbuckets!

Stick with using the LM and SM bass.:wink:

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Chris!I use the white bass when they,re running in the spring,they work good.:wink:

5. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    They are not to hardy.:embarassed: die right away.:embarassed:cut bait.:big_smile:

6. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Would make ok cut bait, but will not live well enough for live; which the flathead usually prefer. Ice 'em as soon as you catch 'em and take 'em home; very good table fare.

7. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Oh yea, illegal in AZ.:wink:

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I used a little live striper about 10 inches long last spring and it instantly got hit by a 20 pound flathead. It's legal to use them here if you catch them on a rod and reel.