Striped Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by creek_fisher88, May 16, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont go striper fishing much but i would like to know what the best bait to catch them on is. I have only caught one and it was really small. Where would the best place to catch them.

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've caught a lot of strippers but never fished for them. I got them catfishing mostly with worms. I got a few with shad. It seemed when I got a stripper the worm was on the way down or just hit the water. Also welcome to the BOC Tim.

3. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    Yea thats what happened to me. That was my first and only stripper i have ever caught. I heard they do get pretty big. Whats the biggest youve caught.

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I didnt weight them but I would guess that the biggest to be 5 lb.

5. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    well mine as about 1/2 pound maybe.do they put up a good fight?

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Stripers, and wipers, put up a great fight. They can be caught on top water lures, minnows, worms, and shad.

7. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Out here we use pile worms, anchoives, sardines and lures like broken back rapalas.

8. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    WELCOME TIM, Dont know what the best bait is but i caught one just a few weeks ago on brim head on the bottom fishing for cats.It was a big one,15lb 4 oz 33inches long,you can see it by going to world member discussion and seach for I CAUGHT A BIG ONE BUT IT WASNT A CATFISH! GOOD LUCK!:smile2:

9. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks zakk,I didnt know how,so i figured i just tell him that way.:smile2:

10. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Here we call em Rockfish. I know when I was young my dad used to tell me that "on Lake Moultrie, Rockfish was King" and they would pull in 30 - 40 pounders. Now, it is a huge catfish lake.

11. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    This is the latest headline from South Carolina's DNR website:

2.5 million striped bass stocked in Santee Cooper lakes
    The S.C. Department of Natural Resources Freshwater Fisheries Section is stocking 2.5 million striped bass in the Santee-Cooper lakes of South Carolina. About 73,000 fingerlings were stocked by May 10, and stocking is expected to be complete by June 1.

12. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    in the river believe it or not chicken liver! also eels and small trout will do the trick! in the ocean we use clams, blood worms, whole spot (panfish type of baitfish), eels and many types of lures. hard fighting fish my biggest is only 20#.