String leech (good or bad)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by FlatGetter, Jul 25, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I noticed string leeches are becoming more popular. So I bought some the other day. But I also heard that they tear up easy, what do you think.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I can't say I have never used one on my bow. I don't know anyone that has sorry I couldn't help.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    i use them and I like them. I've noticed a difference in my bow when I shoot.

4. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What kind of bow are you going to put them on? The results will vary depending upon the bow. You're likely to see a larger difference on older model bows than newer ones. If they are tearing up really fast then that is a good indication that you might have a tuning problem.

5. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I have them on my bow and they do help. Not tons but some. For how long they last I havent had any go bad on me. They are good for I think a 1000 shots or something like that.

6. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have Simm's stuff all over my bows. I have had the leaches fly out and break in two.

They seem to help a little but I think they are over priced.

The spiders work pretty well and are cheaper.

Robert

7. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    i use them they work well on my reflex. they will tear not from shooting as much as they will going through alot of thick stuff like cut overs. i would say try them and base your own opinion. thats how i find stuff that works best for me.