Strikeforce/CBS/ M-1 cheese factor??

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by rockbass, Nov 8, 2009.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well guys.....a decent night of fights.

I think Jake shields took the easy way to a win......although Miller had extremely good defense against his sub attempts, Jake did spend much of the fight holding Miller on the ground, but doing little to nothing. Jake also got saved by the bell....literally.

Fedor got whipped on worse by Roger's than anyone else has beat on him for a long time, but still managed to beat him to the punch for the TKO.

Here's my beef. There just seems to be a certain cheese factor involved with these fights Strikeforce puts on CBS. Now in all fairness some of it has to do with CBS.....but come on.
    One thing that is minor but annoys me. The BELL. It is too much like boxing. I would much rather hear the air horn like in the UFC.
    PRODUCTION VALUE: The whole feel of the show is just cheesy to me. really for fights, do we need puro going on with fighter entrances? Speaking of entrances, why couldn't they show the entrances? That takes a little bit away from the fight in my eyes at least. Miller has some goofy entrances and they showed his, but I think all fights shown live should include their entrance.
    MICROPHONES ABOVE/IN RING: I understand they should have mics close to the action, but the way it sounds on our end is just goofy to me. I don't want to hear Big John's every word over top of all other noise in the arena.
    Announcers/Commentators: I like Frank Shamrock commentating simply because he can give more of a fighters perspective on things. I can not stand the sound of Mauro's voice at all, and don't care either way about the other dude that did it tonight. I also can't stand the so-called fight professor Stephen Quadros beings he just seems out of place most of the time. I really wouldn't care what combo of people they would use, but really I would rather have them use 2 commentators with the occasional 3rd for the big fights.

Obscenely HUGE sponsor logo's: Now come on.....is it really necessary for Rockstar energy to have that big a logo? I can't help but to think that thing actually hurts some points of fights. You see it in the UFC too with people slipping on the logos. Perhaps tone it down a little bit???

Well, I'm done griping. Just a few things I thought of while watching the fights tonight. Feel free to put up your opinion's. I know some people will like everything I complained about but that's great. That's what opinion's are for. :big_smile_2:

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Overall Id give em 2 thumbs up but I gotta agree I wanted to see fedors entrance. It took a long time, or seemed like it for them to start the main event. I started thinking I must have missed it channel flipping. I thought it was overall just as good as ufc fights wise.

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    the fights were alright i guess. fedor isn't going to keep that vaunted reputation of his for to long. yeah he won but so what. he was not looking to good against a guy who is relatively inexperienced. thats what happens when all you fight are has beens, rookies basically, or never were's for like what the last 3 or 4 years. and yes i agree the whole show looked cheesy.

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    forgot to say i did enjoy the mousasi fight.

5. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Good thing fedor didnt go to ufc to fight brock, hed still be waiting and thats about all they have that might give him a challenge. Ufc has only had a decent HW division in the last year or two, before that theyve had chumps as champs, chumps fedor has destroyed.:wink:

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They haven't really just had chumps, they just had guys that were good for a while, then when they lost their stride left UFC and Fedor got the bad side of them. Arlovski actually took it to Fedor better than I thought he would. he just made one stupid mistake and Fedor got the punch in.

Fedor has also not fought anywhere with an actual Good HW division for quite some time. Like it or not, UFC has the best of all division's. Very little actual good competition out there for him. Who's he gonna fight in Strikeforce? Overeem and Werdum are about the only decent fights I can think of. I do want to see Overeeem/Fedor and Fedor/Rogers again. :big_smile:

7. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Fedor might be the only one to give Brock a real challenge because he is a total fighter trained in the old Russian ways no new technology and tough as nails no fear a human bulldog just like Brock,did I hear someone say fight of the century?:smile2:

8. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Looks as if Brett the grim crybaby wants a rematch so Fedor can demolish him again next time it will be way worse for Brett Rogers I guarantee it:wink:

9. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i think the ufc is the best,that said,i dont think there's anyone out there including brock that can beat fedor at this moment.love him or hate he's the best.

10. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    He did TKO him, but I wouldn't call it demolish unless they rematch and Fedor takes no punishment from Fedor :wink:

11. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I honestly think the only reason Brock wouldn't beat him is simply because of his lack of experience. If Brock had the background in BJJ and striking that most MMA fighter's have any more, you'd see a different fight.

Maybe some day After M-1 shuts down yet another organization, they won't want all the rediculous things they want and we will finally get to see Fedor in the UFC to fight him fight Brock. For now though, let's just hope we get to see him fight Overeem:wink:

12. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Theres a vid or two on youtube of the aa vs fedor fight from a different angle. Only one or two punches of that flurry actually landed on fedors face or chin. The ufc has only had the best division since they bought pride. Hopefully after his contract if up with M1 we'll get to see him take out the ufc's hw's. Im starting to think that theres really not that many great heavyweights.

13. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    if,if,if,i'm talkin bout fedor would beat him period.you makin' excuses.brock soposed to be the best,he should be able to beat the best.maybe one day we'll see and i still say fedor wins.fedor won't fear that big moron.i hope it happens so he can pound his face in.

14. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wish this were the case. Only problem is......Fedor is partner in M-1. That's why when M-1 wanted UFC to build them an arena in Russia in order for Fedor to fight in the UFC they said NO. When M-1 wanted the UFC to give contracts to 10-12 other fighter's under M-1 in order for Fedor to fight in the UFC, they said NO. When M-1 wanted the UFC to do any Fedor fights as co-promotion's with M-1 splitting the money with M-1, the UFC wisely said NO.

It sucks, but the truth is.....the UFC does not need Fedor. nobody is out there saying Brock Lesnar is the best Hw in the world. He is simply champ in the UFC right now. Brock is in no way the best all around fighter by far. he has just been getting by with what skills he does have. We saw it with the first Mir fight. All it will take is one small mistake and anyone can beat Brock. We saw what Fedor did with one small mistake with Arlovski and now Roger's.