Strike King jugs...

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by The Pirate, Dec 29, 2009.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    someone posted on one of the threads here, that the Strike King jugs at Wal Mart, don't work very well...

I was thinking about purchasing some, but wanted the input from you juggers before I did so...

I don't have alot of time to make my own jugs w/ noodles, so I thought these may save me some time, not nessesarily money...

what are your opinions on these Strike Kings?

link:
    http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklestore/showcase.cfm?PID=4970

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Go with the ones from Wild Wolf Products. Pete is a sponsor here and the jugs work great. You can buy the kits or jugs already made.

Welcome to the BOC.

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    dido

i would do exactly what dobber is telling you if you dont want to make your own. although i have to say it wouldnt take you but an hour or so to make them once you have the materials. just takes a couple 99 cent pool noodles and some PVC pipe and plummers glue, but to each his own. WWP makes great products from all the reviews i have seen and a bait store close to home had a couple of his floaters in there and they looked good also.

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    bleach jugs work fine... i thinkt eh strike kings are a lil small imo

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    All in the eyes of the beholder. Good luck on what method you choose to use.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check out the jugs from Wild Wolf Products. You will be glad you did. I agree with Dirtdobber.

7. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I would go with Wild Wolf jugs. If you want to make your own you could use 1 gallon milk jugs. My father and I used them when I was a kid. We would glue the lid on and tie the line to the handle.

8. The Pirate

The Pirate New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    thanks everyone for the info...

9. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    My gatorade jugs with mason's twine work just fine. Poke a hole in the lid run your twine thru, tie a flat washer inside to keep it from pulling thru, and then cut your line to length and tie on your hook, swivel, etc. The Wild Wolf ones look really nice, but i dont have a lot of room to store stuff......if my gatorade jugs sit outside, i dont feel bad. Maybe someday i will have a garage, or a big shed......someday.

10. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Don welcome to the BOC. What part of Arkansas are you from? I live out around Vilonia. My buddy and I usually jug fish around Palarm Creek on the river, maybe we could get together sometime.

11. dparsons21

dparsons21 New Member

State:
    Bessemer, Alaba
    We have always used 1 liter bottles. Improved clinch knot on the neck. Six foot of twine 1/2 ounce sinker (we fish below a dam) 6/0 hook and bait with skip jack. Me and some buddies will get together some nights and have a kind of jug makin party. I stripe mine with DOT reflective tape cut into 1/8 inch strips because I fish a lot at night. Largest I ever caught on a jug was exactly 1 month ago. 72 Lbs Blue. Had to chase him a good bit but we mostly fish for eaters when we throw the jugs. Have fun, Daniel

12. The Pirate

The Pirate New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    thanks for the replys!

because it's been raining like crazy around here, I found some time to make myself some swimming noodle jugs! I think they'll work perfectly, if I can ever find the fish biting!

again, thanks alot for yalls help!