Strike King Dynamite Links

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Tarpon, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Tarpon

Tarpon New Member

Anybody ever use Strike King Dynamite Sausage Links. I used em on jugs w/ no luck. I didnt catch anything at all that night though, so it wasn't a good test. Should I keep tryin em?

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I was once fishing with someone that was using them and he didn't like them :cursing: - I was using Dip-Bait & Shad, & was catching nice size fish. :D
    When he swiched up - he was getting fish too & he said that he will never use them again, but I think that it all depends where you use them. They may work in some waters and not in others - so I told him not to give up on them. :D

Take It Easy,
    Bert :cool:

3. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Well...........If you trust Shaw Grigsby............then I guess you could keep using them. Or, you can try Rusty's, or Wicked Sticky, or cut bait, or live bait, and see what you catch.

Ray

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Rainman4u2,

Now you know that I have to use my "Wicked Sticky" ;)

I just use Shad from time to time, when the big ones are biteing :D

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I haven't tried the links, but I have tried a number of other commercial catfish baits and attractants. I have never caught a catfish on a hook contaminated with any of that stuff. Generally, the turtles won't even eat it. I like to test baits by putting them, say, every third hook on a trotline; the other hooks are baited with shad or skipjack. If I catch fish with the shad/skipjack, then the results I get from the test baits are valid, whether I catch fish on the test baits or not. Should I not catch fish on any of the baits, then the results have to be disregarded.

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Bert, I used a half of a tub in one night, the little fiddlers woudn't leave it alone!!!! Cast, bell rings, cast, bell rings, cast, bell rings, and on, and on, and on for 3 hours. Finally managed a 5lb channel, great eating.

Ray

7. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    never had any luck on tub baits....i imagine the smaller cats will eat that stuff but if you want to up the odds just stick with live or cut baitfish.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Rainman4u2,

Yea - That Wicked Sticky is something else!!!!! :thumbsup:

I just got a shipment of 4 tubs in today! :D

Only 1 of the tubs is for me, the other 3 are for members of my fishing family. :D

"I'm going to try to get out this weekend with my tub"-lol :happy:

Take it easy buddy,

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey MadKater,

Don't get me wrong - I love using cut bait also, both will get me some big Channels in the waters that I fish in (the California Delta). :D

Take it easy,

10. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    I test my baits just like jerry does and report the same. aside from the rancid cheese i use in my nets i dont use commercial stinkbaits anymore, or any commercialy prepared baits for that matter. (i will however on occasion marinate livers in stinkbait)

all ive ever caught on the sausage links, hot dogs, coctail weenies, etc are bullheads. ick!

i also tried those nitro biscuits in a net baitsack. dumped the whole bag in the mesh baitsack. nets with cheese were full of channels and the nirto biscuits caught nothing. well, one baby crappie but i think it was simply hung up in the wirenet. stained my meshbag pink too.

chad

11. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I used to use commercially bought stinkbaits all the time. Ever since I have tried liver, shrimp, cutbait, livebait, etc... I have had much better results, so I leave stinkbaits alone for the mostpart now. I think the catfish bite better on the natural stuff, and not anything that humans have mucked with.