Strike king catfish dynamite?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by whiskerchaser, Jun 21, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Ok hi I the local wal mart doesnt sell danny kings, or any other kind of stink bait for the matter all it sells is catfish charlies bait, and strike king catfish dynamite blood flavored and for both of them u have to use those bait dipper worms with the groves has anyone had luck with this kinda bait? Also I bought some of those rusty's baby shad that are about 4inches long but are dead are they any good? do u fish them hole or cut?

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah i have some but havent really got to try it out enough,

but i would go with just magic bait, the grey stuff, like the origional, flavor, they have it in different colors but it seems like that works better, THE grey stuff, but i got like a ton of stink bait to try out this year,

but so far that works the best, BUT LIKE I SAID i havent been able to try out the different kinds enough to make a judgment
    but i like to use stink bait, almost every time i throw some out i catch a channel

as for worms i usually go for the magic bait ones that are like a green mesh and a yellow sponge on the end, but i bought some weighted jigs to try out, the back 3/4 is soft the front 1/4 is hard and weighted

hope this helps

also all of my stink bait stuff was purchased at a walmart supercenter

3. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    ive used stink bait as a child with some results. but nothing really to brag on. ive done really well with shiners and. small peices of skip jack for channels.

4. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I bought the catfish dynamite not too long ago in blood flavor. I used it and caught 2 small channels. Not the best, but not the worst either. The wally world near my house has a dozen or more different types of catbait.
    I forgot the name of the bait that produced the most (don't carry it anymore :sad2: ), but I can remember it was some kind of sponge bait.

5. lynard_454

lynard_454 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have used the catfish dynamite and had no luck with it at all just nibbles no real bites.

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I have tried some kind of hog brand dip bait from wally world with no success. The prepackaged shad is basicaly useless, dont waste your money.

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    If I could just say two words, they would be "Wicked Sticky"!

8. Norm

Norm New Member

State:
    Freeport, IL
    Wicked Sticky with some Sewer Bait mixed in.

P.S. Just last night, I took the strike king catfish dynamite blood flavored out of my bag, since it doesn't work near me.

9. Jordan

Jordan New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I tried the strike king catfish dynamite in blood and cheese flavor with no luck except a few hits. the catfish dynamite dipper worm is what i used to hold it on but if you look at them the treble hook at the bottom looks a little small and then with that hard worm on it i don't see how a fish could hook himself.

10. tssievert

tssievert New Member

State:
    kansas
    i've had good luck with it on small rivers and creeks. i've caught a lot of 3-5 pounders using it. the only problem i've had with their "worms" is that the fish usually swallows the whole hook, but if you change out the treble hook that comes with the worm with a circle hook it solves the problem.

troy

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I will agree with this post. I carry several brands and some days the fish will prefer one over the other.The wicked sticky always preforms well. I also use Catfish Charlies in shad/cheese. Some time when fish stop feeding on these two baits I will add a minced garlic for smell or peanut butter for taste. Just experment it's fun.

12. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Most of your manufactured stink baits only work well on high population low food areas like pay ponds and farm ponds, thats why I keep it natural. What ever the natural food source is thats what I use. Good luck

13. jes4561

jes4561 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    bee jay with some liver juice mix in it works well

14. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Deltalover had much to say that was good on BOC, but he passed recently. We miss him.

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Catfish Dynamite Cheese worked OK for me. I prefer Hog Wild, Rusty's or Sonny's.

16. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    its nice to see deltalover is still helping us get a laugh. thanks brother!

17. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    The freeze dried shad are a waste of money. Just get you some shrimp and soak it in vanilla. It works great for eating size channels.

18. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you want DK's just order straight from the website. My personal favorite stink bait is Sure Shot. Home made by Benny Roberts in Decatur Texas. Channels and blues cant resist it.

19. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I've used dinamite cheese flavor and did good with it during the summer under a float.

20. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    well i actually get all three from walmart. the original, blood, and cheese and get a big coffee can and mix them alltogether. does great on creeks and small lakes.