strike alarms?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Feb 4, 2008.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have a question. i have looked everywhere and have not found any yet. i know they make them because i have seen them before, but i cant find them anymore and i was dumb and didnt get any when i had the chance. there is a bite detector that attachs to ro and you run your line through it and whenever the line is pulled through it an alarm sounds and i think it might light up. the ones i saw were green in color and i am looking for them but i havent found any. the reason i am asking is because i have 2 Abu 5500 C3's that do not have bait clickers on them and i figured this was a reasonable alternative. does anyone know what i am talking about and if so do you know where i can get a few?

2. catmando2

catmando2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Bass pro shop has a bite detector that look's pretty good, Ihave wanted to try them but have not got around to ordering yet. I think they cost arount 6.95.

3. striker52

striker52 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yea I've seen those at my local walmart they look interesting. I was thinking about getting one for my Zebco RT but haven't gotten around to it if you get one could you send me me some info about it via PM i would really appreciate it.

Oh and take a look around your local walmart I found it burried under a stack of sinkers so who knows you might luck out.

4. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    catfish connection has some called DAM PRO-TRONIC BITE INDICATOR. they are in with rods at the top is says STRIKE INDICATORS

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Do an advanced Google search, putting 'bite alarms' in the 'Exact Phrase' box. You'll get more hits than you have time to look at.

7. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Does it have to be electric?
    Wal Mart sells bells.
    IIRC the BOC library has plans to make several non electric kinds.
    the best to ya
    just

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Look for Carp Tackle you will find strike and bite indicators of every kind. From the simple $6.00 on up to a $100 +. Even ones that will page you when they go off.... Maybe i went to far...........lol........

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    These are good to use when you are using a slack line. Have a hard time using it when you tightline.
    After use, you MUST remove the batteries, otherwise they're only good for 1 trip.
    Also, when it is time to replace the batteries. It's cheaper to buy a new unit at BPS then to get batteries at Wal-Mart.

:004:

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thanks for the info. Im glad I never bought one now. I usually have a lantern that lights up my rods and keep an eye on them.

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    You can look on ebay also, they have all kinds of things like that. Even the batteries that you can buy in bulk for very low costs.
    They even have the ones you can buy that will even set your hook for you while tightlining.
    :cool2:

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    There are cheaper places than Wal Mart to buy batteries. I was in a Dollar Tree store yesterday and saw a card of 8 hearing aid batteries for $1.00. I had picked up a couple of LED lights to buy for $1.00, figuring that I'd just throw them away when the battery died, but at 8 for $1, it's worth replacing the 3 batteries in each of them.

13. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Yeah sometimes you can find little treasures at the dollar store....

14. CATFISH HUNTER61

CATFISH HUNTER61 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have two from bass pro and thay work grate for only 6.50 each.

15. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Walmart has bells two pack for $1.98:wink: