stren super knot ???

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by coltsfan, Apr 12, 2008.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    anybody use stren super knot for there crappie and blugill poles?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've got some of the green in 8# test. I love it for trout, crappie and bluegill. It seems to be great line so far!

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I'm glad to hear that John, because I was thing about picking up some and giving it a shot.
    :wink:

4. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    Just put stren super knot on two of our reels and went and bought another roll to change over another two reels to it, i'll give them a test this spring and let ya know my two cents worth.

5. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    bump.. anybody else try this line?

6. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I've got one of my cat rods spooled with some 30lb, I like it. But I prefer Momoi's Diamond line.

7. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Kevin I put 17#on my 5600 rocket, caught a 36# flathead. I caught most of my fish with that rod last year. I bought the line on clearance from walmart, I didn't have any problems with mine.

8. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    No complaints as of yet, as far as i can tell it doesn't have too much stretch to it, decent hook sets and haven't had a loss due to knots. Caught some decent bass on it and gone catfishing once with it. Can't know for sure but i had better luck with just plain stren catfishing. although the rods i had super knot on where med. action rods and plain stren on my big cat rod. I'll hafta put some stren super knot on the cat rod to get a better comparision.

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    is it a coplymer or just a thicker mono?