Stren DuraTuf

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by EsoxJohnny, Jul 7, 2006.

1. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been using the 30lb. DuraTuf for my leaders and I absolutely love the stuff. I did a comparison with all of the other 30lb mono brands that Gander Mountain had in stock and the DuraTuf was the strongest. So far I've had flatheads up to 30lbs. on it and it's been awesome. Excellent tensile strength, excellent straightness, excellent abrasion resistence. No doubt it will perform equally as well with much heavier fish. Side by side field comparisons with Berkley XT have the DuraTuf seeing less break-offs and more fish before change-outs.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    All I have used for Mono Is berkley Big game And Ande never had any problems with either as far as berkley XT goes I think It is used more by the Bass guys You know most of them Bass don't weigh more than 3/4 Pounds just a nice snack for a Big flat or Blue!L.O.L. Catch a bigun. J.D.Straka:big_smile:

3. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Huh, around here the 30lb. XT is a very popular line for catfishing, I assume due to it's price and availability. Most of the bass fisherman I know won't use Berkley XT due to excessive line twist. They use XL or other brands.

4. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I posted my small review on this line awhile back, i've been using 10lb on my lighter rigs for channels and i think its a winner in all categories except memory, to me stren has the worst memory for its size, this reason has made me switch almost exclusively to big game and spiderline, i doubt i'll get the duratuff again. for 8 bucks i can get the small spool of it at bass pro or for 5 bucks i can get 1200+ yards of big game at walmart.