Stren Blood Red????

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jul 2, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i dont care about the "red" thing but i was curious if someone used this line.... stren is a pretty good company and i can get a 1/4 lb spool for $5.25

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Never even heard of it.

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

maby its not popular:embarassed:....... maby ill stick to cajun

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

ill try it anyway...... i didnt have faith in alot of lines but they turn out good...

im getting 10/15/20 lb all see if its a all round good line :wink:

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    IF NOONE HAS USED THE BLOOD RED THEN CAN ANYONE SHED DOME LIGHT ON STREN...... IVE NEVER USED THIS COMPANY BEFORE BUT LOOKS PROMISING

6. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    Personally, I dislike Stren. I have used the red Stren and Cajun line, stick with Cajun. Now I don't use either one. Trilene is the best line, in my opinion:eek:oooh:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Leroy,I used to use stren line ,waaay back when I was a youngun. Then I noticed it had a heck of a memory from the spool. I tried TRILENE and NEVER looked back!!!,I also like the ANDE brand of line. both work for me and seem to be limp enough to cast without problems.

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Got some Stren Red on some skipjack poles ,it works ok on them !!!!!!!!!!! :eek:oooh:

9. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I like Stren myself. I use the Clear Blue all the time, it's one of may favorite lines. I tried Cajun, man, I thought that I should have just spooled up with straight wire, it would have been the same. Stiff, memory is awful, I just didn't care for it. Trilene is OK, but I still like the Stren better. I've been fishing with Silver Thread AN40 exclusively this year, I love how it handles and casts, but the knot strength sucks big time. Every time I've broken off (snags, etc), the knot broke. Doesn't matter whether I use a palomar, clinch, Trilene knot, they all break.

I used to use Ande quite a bit too, and I think that I'm going to go back to it for my heavier lines, since I can't find Clear/Blue Stren in anything higher than 20lb.

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

its strong???? cast well???? im trying to find out which red line is the best!!!!!

11. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    have you used the blood red line???? its hard to beat BBG

12. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I haven't used the Stren red line, just the Cajun. There are a TON of people on here who LOVE the Cajun line. That in itself says a lot. But I know that the Cajun Line is much more accessible to people (it's at Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart is everywhere, not to mention other big box retailers also have it) than the Stren Blood Red. That is definitely one reason it's so popular. I've never seen the Stren Bood Red in any store, not even at Bass Pro Shops, although last time I was there, I didn't spend any time in the line area.

They used to make Big Game in a clear-blue line and packaged it as Big Game Flippin'/Pitchin' on a 300 yd spool. It was supposed to be for strongarm bass tactics like Flippin' and Pitchin' jigs in heavy cover. That was the only line I used for as long as I could find it. I'm just not much the bright green, yellow, or orange lines myself.