Strawberry Festival

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, May 22, 2007.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    While I was at my daughters in Va. Beach this weekend, we went to the Strawberry Festival. Man, I love those things! My wife, her daughter, and Grand Daughters Stephanie & Ashley went berry picking. We wound up with about 15 gallons of berries almost as big as Plums. Now the fun starts; Berries on Ice Cream, Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry Longcake (pound cake), Strawberry Pie, Strawberries and cereal, Strawberries & Cream, Strawberries dipped in Chocolate, Strawberry Sandwiches, Strawberries on Strawberries with Strawberries.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Loved your story. You sure know how to make ones sweet tooth come alive. Thanks.:big_smile:

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm with you.. I love strawberries! Favorites are fresh strawberry homemade ice cream and short cake made with fresh strawberries, pound cake, real whipping cream with Blue Bell homemade vanilla....yummy!

4. kkattfish

kkattfish New Member

State:
    AZ
    man that is awesome i'm ready for a strawberry sundae now

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I know how you feel. I've got a strawberry patch and they ought to be ripe with in the next 2 weeks. I cant wait.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Billie,
    Have they had the one in Roanoke yet? I think it was the first of May when I was there a few years back. I really enjoyed that one and purchased some beautiful irises from a lady, while there.

Take care and hope to see y'all soon,
    Cheryl