Strawberry chicken

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by warmouth, Sep 16, 2007.

1. warmouth

warmouth New Member

State:
    cincy Ohio
    take raw chicken breast cut in bait size chunks sprinkle strawberry jello powder over chicken let set 24 hrs you will be amazed,seems to work during cooler months best:wink:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll try anything once. I been hearing about hotdawgs an strawberry pop an such. Thanks, jf

3. warmouth

warmouth New Member

State:
    cincy Ohio
    i use grocery store chicken breast but fresh may be better,the chicken will turn blood red when its ready to use

4. Claude

Claude New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I can confirm this stuff works. Just put the chicken in a zip-lock bag, pour in the jello mix (sugar-free is not as messy), and mix it all together. Put it in the fridge for a at least a day. I caught channels and blues last month here in Northwest Georgia with it on noodle jugs.

5. ike9389

ike9389 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I think I will give it a try . this has been a bad year for catching cats for me , mabey this bait will work.:cool2:

6. Claude

Claude New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think you will be pleased.

7. TarheelCatMan

TarheelCatMan New Member

State:
    Lincolnton, North Carolina
    I have used that bait here in the lakes and rivers in North Carolina. Seems to work real well.

8. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Would this happen to work strawberry or cherry kool-aid?

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    works really well i cant say i use it much but my brother in law uses it all the time with great sucess.

10. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    I'm thawing out the chicken right now. I guess I'll go buy some jello tomorow. It looks like the cats have a sweet tooth for strawberry.

11. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You might know they want strawberry when I just put some hotdogs in cherry kool-aid with some garlic, salt, and vanilla extract.

Dave

12. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    It will work I have used it in the past with Strawberry Syrup (Quick,Bosco). Its buying chicken breast gets a bit pricey after awhile. I have only used it once this year but in the past I have used it often.

13. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    David---If the cats don't like your bait, you still have a unique snack.

14. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Candied chicken hmmm we might have something going here....

15. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm going to try them tomorrow, if the thunderstorms don't stop me. We need the rain pretty bad in Middle Tennessee.

I can take the rain but I am allergic to lightening! :crazy:

Dave

16. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    I tried the dogs soaked in cherry cool aide and had no luck AT ALL. Guess I'll try the strawberry flavor next time.

17. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Made a batch of chicken yesterday evening, used the strawberry jello and garlic powder. Didn't let it sit but about 30 minutes. Headed out to the tank, which is in the back yard, tried using 3 lines out with some 'dogs on one and the chicken on the other. Finally had to pull the 'dog lines in, could'nt keep up with the one baited with chicken. In the span of 15 minutes, I had 4 channels brought in, missed 3 others. All were in the 3# range. First one chomped down on my thumb, guess he was still hungry. Can't wait to get the boat on the water and try this on the local lakes.

18. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i will have to give this a try. livers and cutbait arent really producing right now an i am getting desperate. thanks for the tips.

19. bigkatking

bigkatking Member

State:
    ky
    either one will work have used both it seems strawberry kool-aid works best i take a couple extra packs with me and
    refresh my bait as needed

20. sangamonriverrat

sangamonriverrat New Member

State:
    illinois
    Has anyone tried the deadred blood spray in place of the cool aid or jello?