Strangest thing happened to me on Saturday :)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Nov 5, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Sorry for the late post but I was beat yesterday. So any way we were out saturday from 4am till 1pm and caught two channel cats at one of my catfish holes. It may sound like a bad day but we caught 5 fishing poles in our spot as well. When we showed up to the lake there was a group that I guess had just left from our spot their fire was still hot they had left their weed,cigarettes,two pole holders,a bunch of bait, and garbage all over the place with tons of beer cans and bottles everywhere :angry:While I was getting ready to cast out my first pole I seen something long floating on the surface up the bank about 30 yards so I went and checked it out. Turns out there were two poles out there floating in the water so I hooked hooked them and brought them in and they both had reels on them and were in good shape:crazy:About an hour later Im reeling in a pole to check the bait and snag a really nice ugly stick striper pole like the one I already owned :big_smile:5 minutes later I snagged another matching uglystick striper pole and this pole on the way in had snagged another pole:smile2:Only thing I can figure is these drunk retarts got rowdy and stupid and started chucking all their crap in the water cause they had tossed out a really nice bait bucket in the water wit the bait still in it as well as a nice fillet knife:eek:oooh:. Lord only knows what we didnt snag that morning that these idiots thrown in. So I look at it like we spent $20 to catch $250 worth of really nice used poles and two channel catfish :tounge_out:

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Some people have ALL the luck!:smile2:

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Sounds like those guys either had a bad night of fishing or a good night of partying, maybe both.:smile2: Congrats on you good luck even if it is at the cost of those bone heads.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Sounds like ya "missed the boat".....

:smile2:

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Irishmen have all the luck and most of the fun.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well one thing I can tell you that I learned saturday is that big long graphite surf rods will float and dense fiberglass rods like ugly sticks sink right to the bottom lol

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    dangitt Pee Wee Williams!

what did we tell ya about getting all goosed up and throwing your rods in the water. your supposed to "cast" your bait. not "chunk" your rod.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like theres going to be a lot of pissed off dads when they find out their fishing poles are missing:eek:oooh::smile2:. Terry sounds like a pretty good trade for having to pickup after the dope heads.

9. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I'm assuming you turned the weed over to the cops..:wink:

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Nope I was gonna just leave it right where it was and not touch it then I realized how that would sound to the authorities so I got rid of it

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Strangest thing I ever caught was a rock..................still not sure how it happened. :crazy:

Enjoy those rods and reels!

Take care.
    Cheryl

12. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's a good fishin' trip no matter how you look at it!