Stranger Creek

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by dolphinswmmr, Jun 21, 2009.

1. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    I was wanting to fish stranger creek. Can anyone tell me where there is access to the creek from the bank? And where does the creek flow into the Kaw? Not looking for anyones sweet spot just general info.

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    if im not mistaken, Stranger dumps into the Kaw just south of Linwood along 32

3. groundsquirrel

groundsquirrel New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well you could try off 24hwy going towards Tonganoxie, or you could try where it flows under 24 HWy at Reno. Pretty deep hole in there. I know I used to trap beavers in those locations

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    use google earth. ive got several bank spots by usin it

5. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    In Linwood there is a old Rail Road Bridge. Fish just down stream from the Bridge (walk/drive over the tracks and park) about 150'. When the train comes over the bridge get ready, you'll catch something. The RR Bridge is about 1/2 mile upsteam from where the creek dumps into the Kaw. Good Luck

6. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    What he said.Its a pretty steep bank though right there.Try both sides of the Railroad tracks.There's lot of easy bank access upstream a little ways up.I mean you pull to the side of the road and your there.Check Google maps out.Anyone want to go fishing there with me there.Hit me up.

7. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thanks everyone, you've been a big help.:big_smile: Do I have to worry about private property by the rr bridge? I will let you know when I'm planning to head that way.

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    not if its a real RR crossing.

9. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    I was looking at google maps and it looks like golden road in Linwood stops at the creek just upstream from the tracks. Can you park there and walk down to the creek? I didn't see a road that actually goes down to the tracks.

10. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    When the blew up the Golden rd. bridge a few years ago they left alot of debris in the creek. This increased the the Stranger Creek flood plain. The RR bridge is still there and its closer to part by the RR bridge.

11. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    I will probably cruise down there this week and take a look. Don't know though, suppose to be hotter than :eek:oooh:. Are they biting on the kaw yet? Heard they were spawning.

12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The flatheads are biting.....

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    This li'll 15lb'er bit between storms last night. Also got 2 small blues just before nightfall.

Attached Files:

14. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I know there are several spots around Atchison where Stranger flows, Leavenworth as well. I don't know where at you're lookin to fish though.

15. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    Leavenworth, Tonganoxie, Linwood. Any of these areas would do. Atchison is a little far for a quick trip, but I would love to make a trip up there sometime.

16. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

yes they are.........

17. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've got a buddy that fishes in Leavenworth, I'll try to see if he can get me some places Stranger flows down there. He's a little unreliable when it comes to answering his phone, so it may be a little while before we get an answer, but I'll certainly try.

18. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

head to the mouth of it in linwood and sit on it good flatheads being caught right now

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Hey Tom long time no see.

Sounds like you might be catching some flats??

Hope all is well...good luck out there..

20. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    Going to try the mouth where it flows into the river at Linwood. I'm due for a good one. Hopefully I'll get a flathead. What are they biting on?