Stranger Creek in Kansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by deerhunter56, May 23, 2006.

1. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

Hey has anyone done any fishing in stranger creek if so how did you do? because my brother,dad,cousin,and uncle went fishing last weekend and caught some 10+ flats and a 15pound channel and some smaller ones they decided to release. he also caught a carp to that night.

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Where is this creek located? I havent ever fished it but I think I might like to. Thanks :big_smile:

3. TongiKat1

TongiKat1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Stranger crosses 24-40 at about 175th street in leavenworth county. There is lots of good access between 24-40 and K-32 more or less from Tonganoxie to Linwood. Best way to get to some of the better access is to go 24-40 to 198th street - go south to the last left before you hit I-70 - stranger is off to the east 1/2 mile. Not sure if that helps???

4. KansasCat

KansasCat New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    i have hung limb lines on stranger... neighbor and i have pulled 2 50+ and a couple of 30s

5. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    my dad said when he was younger he used to fish it alot and there used to be alot of catfish in there, but im not sure about now
    :smile:

6. TongiKat1

TongiKat1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Stranger still has some pretty good holes. My neighbor pulls enough fish out of there each year to have a fish fry for almost two hundred people.

7. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

we fish near k-92 in a spot that hadent been fished in 18 years and pulled flats out none stop.

8. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    Never fished it, but go by it when I take K32 to Kc from Topeka for work every week. Too bad it's non-navigable by state standards.

9. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

Did anyone see those four people that caught those big flats and blues the biggest being a flat which was 71 pounds. funny thing is that was me family and one of my friends. lol when i picked it up it sure didnt feel like 71 pounds but it was.

10. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i would love to see the pics

11. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

besides the mouth is there better fishing some where else on it?that i can get to

12. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I would think the flatties are up in there to spawn It should be hot all over the creek right now.

13. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

the olny part of stranger i have ever seen is out by linwood and it gets fished alot,any suggestions on maybe better areas to try out?

14. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I used to fish it by linwoood too. When I was a kid my stepdad took me to good spots around Easton and Springdale. But thats been over 20 years ago. I'm sure you could find alot of good holes all over the question is whether you can gain access without getting arrested for tresspass.

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

hey where out on the river last night?i got to thinking maybe you were out by the dam,since i know you fish it from time to time and they were people out there,i was thinking about going tonight

16. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    Which paper??????????

17. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    ya i saw that my dad showed me it. pretty nice cat dude

18. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

It was in the Leavenworth Times, and also u seen her she was huge pregnant also. anyways she wasnt the only big cat they caught that weekend, al they caught were 20 pounders and up. im going this weekend and hoping to catch her grandpa LOL.

19. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    Too bad it's non-navigable by state standards.[/QUOTE]
    whats that mean

20. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

man its been weeks later and i havent been back out to stranger creek. getting ready for hunting season though. i cannot believe catfishing season is almost time to stop.