Stranger Creek - In Kansas - Anyone fishing?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by KansasCat, Mar 22, 2006.

1. KansasCat

KansasCat New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    anyone fish the stranger creek... i have heared of big cats coming out of there but i dont know if its true

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

its true plenty of big flatheads coming out of it

3. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Where is stranger creek? I am new to the area and have not heard of it.

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

it starts in linwood and runs clear to tonganoxie

5. KansasCat

KansasCat New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    anyone know how to fish it?

6. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    i know of a couple spots to fish it. One is just to the south of linwood and the other is off of 178th outside of tonganoxie. Other than those you'll be hard pressed to find a spot that is not private property. You can also reach it by boat from the kaw. big live bait and good equipment are key. Have you ever fished the wakarusa river in eudora? It is also a good spot and less likely to run you into trespassing problems. Many big fish have been caught on the wakarusa.good luck!!

7. KansasCat

KansasCat New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    where at can you fish in Eudora... Can you fish right under the bride or where...

8. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    you can fish under the bridge or put a boat in. done pretty good under the bridge.better in high water

9. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hopefully this year we can head up the Kaw to the mouth of the creek and fish it.

10. Individualist

Individualist New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    Stranger Creek actually starts west of Lancaster and north of Effingham in Atchison County. It's fishable just into Atchison County. I'm familiar with that area and just wanted to make people aware of the creeks path. The creek is known for it's holes and the difficulty in finding (access to) them. It is usually shallow but after heavy rain the big fish can move around finding new holes to hang in or I guess to be more precise, get trapped in.

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Im gonna find a way to walk to the confluence of Stranger and the Kaw River here real soon. :)

12. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

cathunter 1978, its pretty easy to find it there are trails down there that lead to it,be down there a milion times not a bad place to fish when the water gets right

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  14. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I grew up fishing stranger creek when I was a kid, mostly near easton though. Holler at me when you want to go to the mouth I've always wanted to try that sounds like a good adventure.

15. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats one spot I would love to check out.

16. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    I live close to the mouth and fish it pretty often from my boat. It is a great spot but you will sacrifice alot of rigs to it. I'll go anytime anyone wants to go.

17. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i might be talked in to heading that way when all the freak storms quit..lol

18. Kevin

Kevin New Member

State:
    NE Kansas
    iv heard of people fishing it under the 24 highway bridge

19. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

I also fish the creek near easton, you may have seen the fish we pulled out the other day in the leavenworth times a 72 pound flathead, which after the pictures we released the pregnant female right back for furture generations.