Strange things Caught While Fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by L2druid, Sep 20, 2009.

1. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If there's another post like this I didn't find it, so point me to it if there is one.

I saw this post on a different forum and I can't help but ask here: What's the strangest thing you've reeled in while catfishing?

I haven't caught anything weird yet but the occasional stick-some of them true lunkers! However, my dad has caught some funny stuff. Once, an old mushy boot. He also fought with a snag for a long time to finally horse in an unfolded lawn chair-complete with HUNDREDS of fishing lures and immense wads of line.

Fiance snagged someone else's snag that had a fish on it but it broke his line before we even saw the fish.

Anyway, I'd love to hear some stories!

2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Drift fishing below dams I have caught several rods and reels. None
    were any good, been in the water to long. Under a bridge I once caught
    a good coleman lantern.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Poppa as long as you didn,t say it was still burning we believe you :wink::smile2:

4. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    caught a reel and rod and old crankbait.

5. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Got hung up fishing a wing dike on the MO river at KC once. Pulled and pulled and pulled and finally pulled in a piece of a shirt. Then I quit fishing.

6. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Snagged a muskrat once!! He was so mad he started to swim toward me in the boat. I cut the line and he took off!:crazy:

7. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    :smile2:Bet he was mad! I hooked a beaver earlier this year, but he didn't want no part of me. But I did the same, cut the line and let'em keep the gear.

8. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    reeled in about half of an old bedspring thought i had the state record cat lol, maybe i do have the record for catchin bedsprings

9. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Caught a shopping cart back when I was a kid outta some old farmers pond.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Interesting thread. I have never caught anything odd or exciting. I have caught a few rod and reels and many lures. No bonanzas yet.

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hooked a goose in the leg while chasing white bass on Grand Lake of the Cherokees in Okla. and let him have lure and line. Never heard such noise in my life:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and keep on sticking 'em!!!:wink:

12. catfishing2201

catfishing2201 New Member

State:
    Papillion,Nebra
    i caught a lawn chair,i was fishing off the bank,got a snag and i had a small jon boat so i went in and pulled on it and i pulled up the lawn chair.

13. festus

festus New Member

I don't know whether it's a good idea to post this, but earlier this spring I reeled in an (ahem) "women's feminine napkin" at Bull Run Steam Plant. I just kept shaking my line and eventually it came off :smile2: fortunately.

14. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Ha, that's funny right there. As a fisherman of the waters below the Kaw River, I catch a lot from the other half, the baby preventers, when the waters high. Like nobody catches any fish, they gotta find something else to do.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i guess the oddest I have caught has been using a large dead shiner hooked with a small trout hook,trying to get a white bass,A greater tern[bird] swooped down and grabbed the shiner. He was more than pissed by the time I released him.:smile2::smile2:

16. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I caught a bowfin, that's pretty strange. :smile2:

Let's see, plenty of sticks, some kind of lure, and a kid's bike tire; there's a lot of different stuff in small creeks. My friend told me he pulled in a 1 lb catfish that wrapped his line around a Christmas tree, but you know them fishing stories. :roll_eyes:

17. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A piece of a shirt..man I'd be wondering where exactly that came from for a long time...

There's a guy on another forum that says he got a snag and pulled and pulled for a long time before it finally broke free and he reeled in a huge chunk of rotten meat. That'd keep me wondering for awhile too. You just never know.

Thanks for sharing everyone, keep em coming!

18. ~Austin~

~Austin~ New Member

State:
    Texas
    I snagged an alligator. It didn't struggle at all until the camera flash went off. FYI gators don't dig having thier picture taken. haha

19. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've caught old castnets.
    Snagged a few fishing poles (no good to use though).
    Best of all, snagged a very old wheel from an old horse carriage. It's still sitting at that spot this day. :smile2:

20. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i snagged a cooler once pretty good one to,i figure it must have feel outa some drunks boat.still had me a little nervous though wasnt sure i wanted to open it up all the way cause i wasnt sure what id find in it.but nothing in it thank goodness whew.