Strange Stomach Stuff ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Jeffrey, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey New Member

State:
    AZ
    What oddities have you found in catfish stomachs?

-rubber worm, chewing gum, cigarette butt, stones.

2. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Oh man, I have been thinking about starting a thread about this for a couple weeks now but you beat me to it.

I always have to open the stomach and check it out, guess I'm just a curious person.

I've found plenty of fish bones and crawdad parts in flatties and channels. In one channel it looked like he had been eating a pound of mushy moss.

The best one was in a big channel. I cut it open and saw dark fur, then out popped an ENTIRE mouse. It's tail was beginning to digest and was showing vertebra but other than that it was a whole mouse. Haha.

Chewing gum and cigarette butts? Lol.

3. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    10 pound channel had a hard belly, friend wanted to keep it and eat it, cut it open to see why ti was hard, and waaaaaaaa laaaaaaaa, it ate a small baby diaper!

4. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Not really strange,but caught a channel cat out of rosie that had a whole fried chicken leg in it!:big_smile:

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    caught a channel one morning that had a potatoe wedge that we had dropped in canal the night before we didn't eat.
    gary

6. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    what a way to recycle!:smile2:

7. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Wheww,i thought you was gonna say you found a chunk of youre skin in a catfish!!:eek:oooh: