Strange rivers

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Apr 25, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    its funny we had to wait 3 1/2 months for the water to heat up, and now we have to wait for the trash to clear up,and the water to settle down.
    strange aint it................lol:angry: hey raven im with you im going to find a nice lake and call it a day

2. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    ya Im trying to figure out if theres any fish in that big ol lake out in lake stlouis. I cant find anything on it. guess Ill start a new thread.

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Andrew...just so you know...unfortunately Lake St Louis is a private lake owned by the city. You have to be a resident of Lake St Louis or be with a resident in order to fish it...I know this because a friend of mine lives there and has to pay $400.00 a year to the city just for the lake!! I also know a couple of the Police Officers that work at there and before I wrote this I called and asked to make sure I was correct...

From what I understand, that lake isn't much for fishing anyway...I know that there are alot of recreational boats and PWC out there...I also heard that the Lake is VERY DIRTY and POLLUTED sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd rather tell you now than for you to find out by getting harassed and chased out of there!

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is always the Busch Wildlife Management area. 38 lakes with some surprisingly decent fishing. I have already caught one stringer (30) of crappie from one of the lakes there. Some of the lakes have jon boats that you can rent ($10) a day. They even have some lakes that hold nothing but catfish. I have been there many times that I was the only fisherman on the lake. It is not the river by any means but if all your looking to do is wet a line and catch a few fish this is an option.