Strange or just weird

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Mar 28, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    What weird or strange things have happened to you while just enjoying a day fishing: For me it was when I was around 10 years old. a friend and I were fishing a local lake for carp. We were talking about other peoples fishing stories. We got to talking about fresh water eels, neither of us had ever caught or even seen one, but we heard stories about them. After 10 minutes or so my friend hooked into a fish. After a short fight he got it to the surface and pulled it on to the shore ans it was a hugh eel, like 5 feet long. weird...

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we were fishing through a lightning storm once on the river, seen an extremely rare occurance of Ball-Lightning. i know it may sound kooky but 3 of us seen it! the initial flash caused us to blink but we then seen this bright blue/yellowish, softball sized glowing ball shoot across the sky on the opposite side of the river just below the clouds. was a little slower than regular lightning. i'd guess it went 150-200 yards and dissapeared.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink I saw something like that one night but it was during clear weather, never could figure out what it was.

4. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i caught a [mud dog] one time. not sure if that is the correct name. some kind of big salamander i beleive.

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Probably a meteorite?

6. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I havn't had any stories yet, but i'll have to try that out, mabe i'll catch a big one.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Perhaps God listens more when you fish. Plus he has a great sense of humor. Imagine the dude who caught a shark outside of St. Louis. It was over 9' long.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    In the early 1900s a large shark swam way up a tidal river in New Jersey, all the way to fresh water and killed several people swimming.

9. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    well the lord does work in mysterious ways.....

10. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was fishing one night and a space ship came down and hovered above me. a beam came down and in its light appeared gearge w bush. he looked at me and said. might as well go to war with them too!