Strange night on the Mighty Muskingum

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by loanwizard, Aug 6, 2009.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Netman Jack and I got out last night with cut Bluegill, carp, and 1-2 inch shad. We caught some smallies and a sucker to use as live. We set up in a place with tons of current about 7-8 feet deep beside a 13 foot hole. The current was ridiculous in that it was swirling so bad I couldn't get the boat to hold still, it swayed side to side BAD! But... in the first 5 minutes I got an 8lb channel and a small flattie on cut carp. Unfortunately, with the boat situation we had to move. We moved twice with no luck and then slid down beyond the original spot to calmer waters. It was full dark before we got set up completely. I thought I was fishing in 7 feet of water but come morning found out it was close to 1 1/2 - 2 feet. Most of my action came off a Kat Bobber.

Results- 3 Channels, 2 Flatties, a 15lb snapping turtle (I did NOT appreciate that at 3 am lol!) a Leatherback, and Jack lost a nice one at the boat. It was a little wet and chilly, but we grilled out Jalapeno burgers on the grill, drank freshly canned tomato juice and shared good conversation.

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    sounds like a good night. yeah them snappers really give you hell at 3 in the morning lol.........RAT

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    its good to hear you to had a good time,them dam turtles are bad, is it just me or are they more of a pain in the ass this year,than others, maybe its just

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    least you guys got into some fish.

5. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had a really good meal, and the fishing wasnt to bad either.