Strange fishing law...

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Larry Beever, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Why do you suppose there is a three fishing
    pole limit? If there's a limit on how many fish
    you can keep in general what difference dose it
    make how many poles you use???

2. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    There's a limit on how many fish ya can keep?:wink:

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yep...

Who knows the reasoning? I mostly fish with two anyway.. every now and then I'll toss in cutbait on a third.
    But if theres two people on a boat and one person don't have a Lic. and theres 4 lines in the water, someone is in trouble.

5. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    woa, well, guess i break the law, i take about 3-5 poles with me if im going to be there along time, oops :roll_eyes:

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just don't get caught fishing with more than 3.... it'll probably cost ya a couple hundred buck :eek:oooh: (lol)

7. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind

:eek:oooh:that doesnt sound to good...i guess i will stop taking more than 3

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here theres a one pole limit ,UNLES you shell out 4.00 extra for a second pole. I agree if theres a limit on the # of fish you are allowed to keep,why should they limit the # of poles ya use,might let ya get home quicker and let someone else have your spot to get thier limit :smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would think there trying to protect the bank fisher person . You if you use 5 poles thats about 70 ft of bank that one person takes up with 3 poles that should the up 50 ft thats giving you 10' per pole and 10 ' from your neighbor. That's the only thing I could think of. Just something to thank about. Good luck fishing

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You can take a 100 of 'em, that's legal, just don't get caught fishin' with more than 3.

11. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind

where i fish, there is NO ONE there, ever, and if someone showed up, i would glady reel in some poles, because they have every right to be my fishing neighboor. but if i take them, i normally fish with em Bill :roll_eyes:

12. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    You can have as many poles with you as you like. But you can only have three in the water
    at a time. Since you're not aware of this law
    it would probably be a good idea to get a copy of the fishing and recreation guide so you know the fishing rules and don't get BUSTED while
    you'r just trying to have a good time. -Wink-

13. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    yea good idea, i have one, but its for kentucky :smile2:

14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    were do you fish josh?

15. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana

Way to go Josh. I feel the same way. When someone shows up where I'm fishing and realizes
    that I'm in the spot they were hoping for I'm
    happy to invite them to stay. I usually fish
    by myself. And I tell them it would be nice to have some company. I've met some good folks this way.

16. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Or when I am fishing in the ohio river, i use my kentucky license and can use as many poles as i want and wont get in trouble for it. if i want to have fifty poles in the water at one time, with the kentucky license i can :smile2:

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats why i have a KY Licence...

But I would NEVER EEEEEEVER EEEEEEEEEEEEEVER fish with more then three poles... I just wouldnt have the guts to break that law

<looks around> <snickers>:smile2::smile2:

18. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    I was told by a CO down in Aurora that if your RESIDENT license is in Indiana but your NON-RESIDENT license is in Kentucky, that you can still only use 3 poles on the main stem of the Ohio River because your resident license takes precedence. However, if you get into a creek or river on the KY side, you can use unlimited. I have my KY license just so I can fish creeks and rivers on the KY side. You may want to call the DNR and ask about this. Would hate to see anyone get a fine.

19. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have fishing Licence in Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama... So I think I do need to look up the rules and regulations for those other states cause i dont know

20. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Geez! How far do you have to go to catch a fish? :) -Wink-