Strange day of getting bait.

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by catchinghogs, Jul 22, 2007.

1. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Have not fished all week so decide to try and restock my bait tanks. Stoped at the creek first and got a few suckers. Then drove to my favorite pond the bluegills were hard to get so I kept moving around the pond. Caught about a half dozen then my bobber was close to shore and all of sudden saw a bunch of little fish scurry out of the way and my bobber shot under got the hook set and the reel just starting screaming and the rod was bent in half. I just looked in disbelief and started to fight this monster of a fish on four pound test after a very fun battle got the fish up and I had just caught a 12 pound channel cat on a little jig tipped with maggots.Pretty nice fish to catch while trying to get bait. LOL. SO then I pick up a buddy to hit the Yough river and hit his rock bass hole I get a couple of rock bass then I start throwing a little white grub. Soon after that I am on walleye catch three of those three saugers 2 smallmouth and a few more rockbass.With the day I was having I couldn't wait to get to the river and try to get some flatties only managed a 5 and 10 pounder but all in all had a pretty good day of fishing. Her is pic of channel cat not the best only had my camera phone.

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mark thanks for sharing your fishing day. Neat and interesting. Sound like you are an all around fisherman.:wink:

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    That fish count sounds pretty good.:cool2: Nice variety of fish.:0a23:

4. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    im telling you, it always seems that we catch some of the nicest fish while fishing for bait, but i bet it was fun for you to catch it on 4ib test!!! nothin like fighting a nice fish with super light test!!!!

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    :crazy: AMazing!

6. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
  7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Sometimes it's like that. You're trying to catch bait, but you keep catching good fish that you can't even use for bait! I caught a couple of huge shellcrackers while fishing for bait yesterday. It's kind of a nice problem to have.