Strange channel catfish stomach contents!

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by dinkbuster1, Sep 3, 2007.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    fished for a couple hours this morning on the stillwater river here in ohio and managed to catch a couple nice eater size channels. after cleaning one of them i noticed the stomach was packed full of something very strange. teurned out to be a small block of cheese, some cashews, macadamia nuts, and almonds! man i have seen it all now! http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/dinkbuster1/100_2594.jpg

2. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like somebody lost theyre lunch:smile2:

3. King Flats W'loo

King Flats W'loo New Member

State:
    iowa
    maybe someone ran outta bait:smile2:

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    thats a digusting pic. thanks. haha j/k! thats a cheese log. somebody musta dropped it.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Do you plan on using that stuff as bait? lol. :smile2:

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man i tell ya...i love peanuts and i almost washed them off and...:crazy:

7. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats crazy lol yea someone must have threw that stuff in the water. i was on the river bank one day and i ran to the store and got me sum chicken strips for lunch then when i was done i put a piece of fried chicken strip on the hook and bam channel cat 5 minutes later.

8. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That cat needed to go on a diet!:confused2:

9. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Had a friend last Friday afternoon (Aug 31) throw some old eggs out into the lake. Went fishing that night and caught several channels. One I cleaned had crushed egg shells in it.

Can anyone tell me how to keep an egg on a hook?:big_smile:

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Rubberband or super glue, maybe....:smile2: And them contents sounds like the cheese ball my gramma used to make at holidaytime...lol

11. darinspawn

darinspawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    hard boil the egg and put the whole thing on . maybe a little saran wrap :confused2:

12. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I think I am going to buy some laying hens and start a whole new way of catfishing with eggs.:big_smile: Might need some field testers!!! lol

13. Diego

Diego New Member

State:
    California
    Okay guys. You're all missing the point. The contents of that catfish's stomach indicate that it was on A LOW CARB DIET of some kind! Atkins would approve :big_smile:

14. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    haha that sure is a strange assortment of food items for ol' mr.whiskers, i can understand the cheese, but i never thought i'd see nuts in a catfish's stomach...my dad once caught a channel cat out of the canal in indy and was cleaning it and it had a whole fishing fly in its stomach, hook n all

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    we caught one the other day & it had a full wishbone in it!! must have eaten a whole chicken, hahahaha

16. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I guess you could always use your old out dated eggs for chum in the water just make sure the water is cool or you get catfish with eggs bennedict

17. 450rider

450rider New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is pretty crazy!Found a lot of things in fish bellies but never anything like that.

18. Rhinocat

Rhinocat New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I had some old pickled eggs in my fridge so I took a couple with and I caught a 36" channel on on..

I poked a small strw through the egg and then blew out thru the straw and put my line thru the straw, pulled the strw away and tied the hook on, pull the hook into the egg and walla!!! cat eggs.. maybe I'll patented them...

good luck..

19. Rhinocat

Rhinocat New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    oh forgot one thing. speeking of weird things in tummys.. I caught a about a 6 pounder this summer with a golf ball in its belly..

20. catfishrodeo

catfishrodeo New Member

State:
    texas
    i caught a 2 pounder last year that had 3 wolf spiders in it, and they hadnt been chewed up at all.