Stranded in ILLINOIS

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by armynavy, May 24, 2006.

1. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I just wanted to tell you what kind of weekend I had and how wonderful the people of Ill can be. It started out that I went to Rockford to look for my new house, well it's hard to find a house with all the crime now. But after looking at 10 houses and finally meeting a really nice fellow named Roger we had a house. So Sunday I pack the family back into the Dodge Caravan for the 5 hour ride back to Iowa. Well 40 mins out of Rockford we are headed westbound on Interstate 88. And the van just quits, of course I don't have any tools with me and forgot to write down the numbers I needed. So I look in the phone book that Roger gave me for some State Trooper numbers. With a little phone tag to the right department for the towing service its on the way. He takes us to the Comfort Inn in Rochelle makes sure that they have a room then takes the car to Autos Plus run by a guy named Eric. If you ever need any work done and you are in Rochelle take it to Eric. I took them 9 hours to replace my water pump and timing belt because the stupid thing wouldn't play right but he only charged me the book hours and eat the rest. Comfort Inn upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite with hot tub just because we were stranded. And the family restraunt next door has some of the best food going. Thanks to all the Illinois residents that got me back to Iowa.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Just goes to show 'ya that there still are some wondeful people in the world :big_smile:

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Glad to hear things worked out OK for you. Also great to hear that there are still people out there that obide by the Golden Rule.

Welcome to Illinois.

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Nice to hear a story that worked out well
    The only thing that could be worse than breaking down with a family,1000 miles from home,would be an accident.

nice to see a post about good service

5. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Wish I had of know hoss...I'm only about 30 mintues south of Rochelle. Glad everything worked out for ya!

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Welcome to Illinois there are lots of worse places to be than here.

7. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glad to know that, sounds like a fishing trip to me Chris, I have driven alot farther thats for sure.

8. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well its offical I am now a Northern Illinois resident as of June 1, but its the only place on earth that I have seen that has 100,000's people and I can't get cable or broadband, still rolling on the floor laughing on that one. The house I got is on the west edge of Rockford with only 3 houses on the block the rest is Industrial park and a Mobile gas station in my back yard. Yet I have to get dish network, its on well water, and barely got dial-up service. Nothing like being in the boondocks with the city 200' away and nothing I can do about it. LOL oh well atleast I can slowly be on the BOC yet. Hope my modem still works.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :smile2: GOOD TO HEAR THAT EVERYTHING WORKED OUT OK FOR YOU AND YOU EVEN FOUND A HOUSE IN ALL THAT MESS. CONGRD ON THE NEW HOME. I HATE DIAL UP ALSO BUT HAVE NO CHOICE.I'M IN THE COUNTRY 6MILES FROM BOWLING GREEN,MO. AND 8 FROM LOUISIANA,MO. BUT I LOVE THE COUNTRY. CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING I GUESS.

10. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Tim
    Welcome to Illinois!!!!!!!!!! I am here north of Sterling - out in the country too - I would go with Direct TV though - more to offer and you can get sat. hookup for your putter - Ask for the free set up of multiple rooms - 3-4 -

There is a member up by Rockton (just north) that posts in the IL section that knows the spots on the Rock -

Rockford has a lot to offer - All (at least most) of the shopping and restaurents are on east State -

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

P.S. By the way that small lake at I39 and I88 had the largest cat caught in an Il lake last year! That is where you broke down!

11. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now he tells me and here all I got to do was walk from the motel to the shop and back could of been fishing for a big one. Thanks Bruce.

Thanks for all the nice comments and help guys.