Stormy Weather

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by feetdown, Jun 22, 2008.

1. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Who else got caught out last night like a DUMB A@@ other than myself....?

That was a good 1...We were about 10 seconds away from being caught in the middle of the Tusc. River when the winds started to blow...We just barely made it to a Sand bar. Luckily we were not real far from it in the first place....I dont know which I hate more a storm or the Fog when your on a River....NASTY

2. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I stopped at Salt Fork on my way home from the Dillon meet. I was hiked quite a ways from my truck when I noticed the sky to the north of me was getting black as night, so I started for the truck. Got all my gear loaded and got into the cab, not 2min after that the downpour started. So, no I didnt get caught in it, But very very close. LOL

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    a few of us was at the dillon spillway getting bait,and also getting wet

4. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    It wasnt just the rain up here..We had winds that were said to be 60mph+ and the lightining was amazing....The rain was coming straight down and the current in the river looked as if it reversed.( it was the wind blowing the surface water of course) but it looked weird.....The temp after the storm must of dropped a good 15* It was a miserable night ...wet, cold and not very good fishing.....

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yeah,the wind was howling for a while,a rotten tree limb fell out of a tree on the other side of the spillway.but it finally calmed down,and the moon finally came out.was a chilly night to,but we all boated a few channels.

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    I DID.........me and my buddy catfish hunter no sooner got our rods in the water for the TCBA tournament when the winds started kicking up. it was blowing so hard that there was trees snapping & cracking and limbs falling all over the place but no rain, then the winds let up and the rain came down steady for like an hour straight ...........we were soaked to the bone. like you said the worst part was being wet and the 15 degree change in the temps.... we were freezing. the fish went into a nuetral mood after the rain.............we had 3 runs all night and i managed one flattie 8 lbs 4 oz..........that was it !! But hey that little 8 lber won me first place AND big fish in the tournament..........noone else caught much of anything either !!!

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    were you fishing in kayaks in the new philadelphia area ?? we seen 3 guys in kayaks busting butt down the river trying to out run the storms !!! :eek:oooh:

8. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Was out during the afternoon in western Ohio and headed to shelter at Spring Lakes while it hailed like crazy. Nailed a 4 lb channel within 5 minutes of resuming fishing. It was slow until I found the right fallen tree all day. Caught several smaller ones after the 4 lb fish. Rain brought on the feed. The hail fog was cool as I haven't seen hail fog since I was in west Texas in 2000 on a stormchasing adventure.

9. Gary B

Gary B New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I was on the causeway at Mosquito Creek. The storm lasted about an hour. The lightning was awesome. The winds were buffeting my truck around quite a bit. The wind after the storm was cold.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sorry that your trip got all messed up.

11. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    I watched from the porch with a longneck BUD. I almost went when it finished, but had another BUD and watched BigCatJakeJr tell fishstories to ya all.:roll_eyes:

12. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    OH I was out on the GMR when the rain came rollin in and almosted knocked off my cohones