Storms...... is everyone ok

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Apr 4, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Did everyone make it thru all the storms okay. All Arkies please check in and let us know.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Prayers sent from Kentucky hopefully everyone is alright

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I have been planning a trip to Beaver and watching the weather. You have had it tough for the past 2 weeks or more! Good Luck Hannibal Mike

5. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Kevin were all doing ok here ,hope you faired the storm ok ,
    Robert

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    didnt have any realy bad storms here just some strait line winds and lots of rain.we are fine here but i hope all ,boc or not ,came threw ok.

7. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    We had wind over 60 miles an hour cant even imagine what a hurricane must be like!

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    All ok here. Benton got some hard hit areas, but we was east of the damage by about 12 miles. Got a few pics i can post later.

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Has anyone heard from Jtrew and his family? We sure hope they are all OK.

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jim (Fish) I was wondering the same thing, Little Rock got hit, but Im not sure what part the Trew Crew live in. All them bad cells split our mountain, so lucky for us all we got was heavy heavy rain. Glad everyone that has checked in is alright. Mac

11. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Mac, we are glad to see you and your family are OK buddy. Maybe we will hear from them and others soon.

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    High winds, lot of rain, phone line acting up, cant stay on line but all ok!!

13. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Jerry Trew and his bunch are all ok. Sorry took so long to post it. Angelkitty was talking with Kimber during the broadcast of the storms and we kept in contact to make sure all was ok. The storm went West of where he lived.

14. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Close call! Tornado went back up into the sky about 1/4 mile before hitting my house on the west side of benton. I could hear the thing and it was sucking air out of my house. Luckily, no damage to my property. Cant say the same for some of the neighbors. Closest call Ive ever had. Im very glad to hear all the brothers came out ok. Good Lord looked out over us all cause I dont think there was a single fatality in the state. Cant wait till this weather calms down for a while. Lets see weve had wind, snow, torrential rain, and tornadoes all in the last few weeks.

15. jde512

jde512 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    It got within about 3/8 of a mile at my house. Destroyed the Sylvan Hills ballparks where both my boys play. My 15 year old will be attending classes at the Bill Harmon Rec center until they are able to reopen Sylvan Hills High School - not sure if that will happen this school year or not. Absolutely wrecked a little spot that I bowhunt on out by Gravel Ridge. All of the huge old oaks out there are laid over. One of our neighbors lost their privacy fence, but we made it out with just a few limbs down.

Prayers for all those that lost their homes.

16. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Got hit in Booneville:tounge_out: Big tree wiped out the electric line, crashed the corner of the house, police quarntined the block cause the power line was laying in the water:smile2: Had to cut big tree up ( after the house insurance guy took some pictures:wink: Back to normal now no electric or cable for 3 days..:big_smile:

17. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    My office building got hit but we came out okay. It is a miracle no one was killed. Leawood and Cammack Village have the guard out. The NLR Airport is also under guard.

Grits

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Big Sam, glad to hear you or family wasn't hurt. It was bad at several places in AR.

We were lucky. Just a ton of rain at our place, worse rain since we lived here. The old timers said it didn't compare to the rain in 1990. We took cover couple times as the storms passed over. A few stores downtown were flooded.

Some pictures and video here of Lake Hamilton Dam. In 1990 Hamilton got up 5 ft for the guy at the dam had been asleep, he then open all the flood gates and flooded a bunch of homes on Lake Katerine. Now days after they lower the lake a little if heavy rain is in the forecast.

19. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Spring River got out of it's banks in Hardy. Lots of travel trailers, canoes, propane tanks and such went down the river. Totally wiped out the ball diamond at the Hardy Beach. White River in Batesville was out of it's banks last week but is pretty much down to normal in Batesville.

I heard on the news this morning that they were keeping the gates closes on Greers Ferry, Norfork and Bull Shoals dams due to the flooding on the Mississippi. More rain coming this afternoon and tonight but all is well here on top of the hill.

Catfishin good in the local ponds. Haven't got to try out the crappie situation yet.