Storms in the area

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by SassyManxLady, Oct 18, 2007.

1. SassyManxLady

SassyManxLady New Member

State:
    MO
    Just wanted to check in and make sure our 'families' here on BOC made it through the tornado's and storms this evening.

I know that places near Stockton Lake got hit pretty hard. Had a milk barn leveled and several homes destroyed. Thank God their were no deaths.

So come on gang, let's us hear from you to know that you are okay.

Had some damage to the back of the plant that I work at. I knew it was getting bad out when I could hear the sound of the wind above the noise of all the machines. When I went out to check, didn't take me long to come back in and MAKE my supervisor turn on the radio to make sure we weren't gonna be blown away. It blew some pretty heavy machine parts out from the back of the plant and put them through the chain link fence, that is about the time I decided it was time for me to get my happy butt back in the plant and make sure everyone was in the storm shelter area. But we all made it just fine, thank the Lord.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Becky I guess I made it through. Just got up and still dark out. Dont see no roofs out in the yard so it didnt get us here. But it did rain hard.

3. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    All is well here, still waiting for light to check things out... lots of wind yet but I got an itch to head for the river... will have to play this by ear... great to hear no loss of life.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    well we made it ok but had some roofs blown off in Bowling Green.A few streets are closed due to debris on the streets but no injuries reported.
    Radio did say that some damage up at Paris ,Mo.up around MTL.Don't know a lot of info so not going to sec guess. Hope everone is ok.We only got a 1/2 " rainout of all this.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm from the Pineville area and we only had strong wind an some rain. It must have gone north of me.

6. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    heard of a couple of deaths north of paris, I live between Paris and Monroe, we got 1.2" inches of rain and pretty good wind. left for work in dark so I didn;'t see any major damge on way to work.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    We missed the 1st round of storms as it stayed west of us. Finally got some rain from the second round about 10:30 last night and wind. No damage that I can tell, just some dead limbs that fell is all Ive seen so far.

8. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    A couple that lived in a moble home were found 500 ft. away from where their moble home was demolished from tornado in Paris area.

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well, it seems that an unfortunate couple didn't make it. That is just sad. Glad most folks made it out okay. Bad stuff!

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    All is well south of St. Louis. I dont even have any limbs down. I think we mainly just got some rain. I was at Ky lake at the time though, and we didnt have any power when we got home. Power was restored by the next morning though.