Storms... Here we go again in Illinois!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JimF, Apr 6, 2006.

1. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    Well, My county just went under another Storm watch. Looks like we're going to get it again.They say we better watch out for the next two days. The tornadoes have been all around us lately. Two weeks ago one missed us by about 6 miles.
    Have any of you been affected by the storms?

2. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I am sitting here waiting for the storms to clear. We have had about 1' of rain on already soaked ground, so the water should be washing into the lake, which may help the catfishing. I should know in a hour or 2, hopefully. It is a bit early for it to help as much as it will later on in the year. I did get 50 degree water temperatures yesterday, the temperatures are getting better every day.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Got severe storms moving into Arkansas this morning. Ain't liking it one bit either. Broke the vinyl siding on the house and ruined the seats in the boat. But all was insured. Going out later to take the seats to be upholstered.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I wish I could send out rains down to the states that need it. We have been getting down pours here at the rate of 3 to 5 inches per hour we are getting lots of flooding now rivers are up high some levees breaking. Hope you guys back there dont get this garbage either sounds like your not needing it. What has a lot of us real concerned here is when the snow melts since we are way above average on that too.

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea we keep gettin the same storms out here in Columbia, MO. We got hit last night and supposed to get them again tonight and all these storms are going back home (to Illinois) as well. Seems like they have more hail than usual? Oh well its that time of year I guess. Id much rather be spring with a little cooler weather than summer with blazing hot temperatures!

6. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    There's a huge band just south of us that's trying to push north. While we've gotten our share of rain this spring, we're still down and could use some nice soaking rain. The soil-water density is low because of the drought last year.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this one will be nice, steady, rain and not a windy downpour.

7. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    As long as the Tarps hold on my roof, where the storm the other day ripped the Shingles off, I'll be good to go. The Siding shouldn't leak too bad, due to the Tree Limbs, which are still hanging out of them. We did get a Tornado the other day and I was really hoping this weather would change a little for the better. So far we have almost $15k worth of damage and with the rain that number could go up some more. I'm just glad everything didn't blow away. I have over an inch of rain so far this morning and looks like more coming.

8. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    The rain I was talking about turned into a flooding rain and the lake is up in my yard. Still, I am in good shape.
    Flyingpig, I hope everything works out well for you.

9. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    So far I've been really lucky. The tornadoes that have come through Springfield missed my apartment by literally only a couple of blocks, but we've only had minimal hail damage.

Good luck to all the brothers who've had storm damage. Hope everything works out well for you during the cleanup.

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

We drove through Friday's storms near Rend lake on our way to KY this weekend. We encountered pea sized hail, that Big Cat Gary Eads said were up to quarter size by the time it got to his place. I'm just glad we have avoided most of those type of storms up here.

Ray