Storms Headed East Out Of Missouri

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Itch2Scratch, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I hope you folks in NW Ill are watching your radars....Storms exploded over Lake of The Ozarks and north...then moved off towards Springfield Ill and south of there. The only reason I am posting this is that it did the same thing the last time you folks got hit hard with Tornados...Good luck over there Bros...hope it dies down.:sad:

2. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    Thanks for the heads up guys. It hasn't hit us here in Springfield yet, but it looks pretty bad on the radar. I wish they had some sort of early warning on TV or radio for these sorts of things. I'm not usually in the habit of checking the weather before I go out fishing, and the last time I was out, a tornado touched down within half a mile of me while I was driving down the interstate.

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yep it just hit here in Columbia, not sure if its done its still raining but there are some pretty heavy storms headed towards home (Illinois) so watch out later this evening.

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Thanks for the heads up. I have been watching it on the radar. I live south of Springfield ,IL about 40 miles. Will be watching out for it.

Been trying to get some corn planted. Seems like the weather man dont know for sure about anything theses days.

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    I have been watching it since it popped up over me...the worst of it went across half way between Columbia and Jeff City.....Looks to be headed towards St Louis Area.

6. greenwing7

greenwing7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm ok since I don't live in a trailer since tornados only hit trailers J/K
    but serously just called my g/f to warn her, she is in Edwardsville, near where 270 and 55 come together, so she has a heads up

7. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Illinois is already on pace to break the record for the number of tornados in a year...isn't that lovely???

Ray

8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    The cell moving just south of St Louis has generated Tornado Warnings and appears to be heading towards Mount Vernon, also you folks in Carlinville might want to brace for a nasty cell.