Storm!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, May 9, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Storm hit pope county around 1:AM the Lighting and thunder was so bad that all my dogs had to sleep with us. The wind was whipping!

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    top did those coon dogs sleep with u too :smile2:

3. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I read in the paper today that 4 people died in the midwest.:sad2:

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Boys, we sure don't need any more storms, or rain for that matter.
    I am in Greers Ferry now and we have over 2 inches last night and enough lightening/thunder for a long while.
    Sure hope mother nature looks after us now and lets up on the bad weather.
    I might have to start setting trotlines from my front porch to the mailbox.

5. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    HelloTop

Hey, we went to Batesville today at the damn and tore them up, on Sabiki Rigs, red and white one, 2 once weight, got some pictures but havent figured out how to post them yet, ((LMAO)))

say we got flooded out too, the Black River at Pocahontas, is almost up to the hyway,the Current River here at Reyno, is out of its banks, the boat ramp is no where to be seen (((LOL))) we got hit hard last night, but Missouri got it bad, if you got your boat in , you would never get it out,

we are heading out at 4:30 in the morning for a small lake over at Corning, and see what we come up with, it is flooded by the Black River, so maybe they are in there out of all the current, just finished with the Jug Lines, got 2 trot lines , maybe I can catch some more Neddle Nose Gar
    for poisionpits to munch on (((LMAO)) he seemed to like it pretty good !!!

just wanted to say Hi, the White River at Batesville is rolling((LOL)))

buckethead

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Cliff, you are just learning all buddy,from sinker making to using sabiki rigs, how many skips did you catch? E-mail me the pictures and I will post them for you. topboc@gmail.com.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well at you you all came through it all UN hurt. Most important thing.Only thing you might have gotten was a few flea bites:eek:oooh: from sharing the bed with the dogs.:smile2: Been there done that.

8. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    WE were very lucly here in Harrison,mostly rain. I did take a picture of a funnel cloud. Will try to post if I can get it off my phone.

9. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Here is the funnel cloud viewed from the purchasing dock of the hospitol.

Attached Files:

10. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hello Top,

we just got in, caught two nice Channel Cats, on Jugs, that Tallmanrus showed me how to make,they worked great,

let me download the pics , Top, and I will try to e-mail them to you, we fished in one of the lakes over at Corning, they are fed by the Black River,we fished the middle one, current wasnt to bad, the fish are comming out of the Black River to get out of the swift water,they seem to be feeding close to the new flooded area next to the main channel.

any way, hope you all had a Great Mothers Day !!!!!

cliff

11. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Cliff, sounds like you are working hard at finding those fish. Flooded banks and timber seem to be where they are. Myself and Angelkitty caught several this weekend on the flooded banks of a channel in Pine Bluff.

Looking forward to those pics. Be of some help to fellow BOC members if you can post a pic of those Jugs Robert taught you how to make also. New members like learning new tricks like that. Maybe I can get up your way sometime and do some fishing with ya. make up for lost fishing at Degray - LOL!:wink:

12. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    wow I used to be a storm chaser Like to fish to much though let my ham license expire nothing but
    fishiing now:wink:

13. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I sure aint no storm chaser. I`m more of a storm chicken.

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We got hammered again last night, My internet was off this morning just came back on a couple hours ago.

15. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    You old softy you. I understand completely about the furbabies wanting to stir things up a bit when a storm comes. I have one that freaks when the thunder starts. Expecially if it rocks and rolls for a while.:wink: DH just seems to manage when he gets in and squeezes in!:smile2: Well he swears we need a king size bed with the boston, min pin, the fat cat & me in the bed. He has a time trying to find a spot. It is no doubt tight! LOL
    But since DH started 2nd shift and I am on first the critters do not hesitate to warn mom if a single leaf drops off a tree outside. Which I reckon as far as safety is concerned it is a great thing:big_smile:....Other times this girl needs her sleep:tounge_out:!

16. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Them animals sleep and get better treatment than I do but that what I get for marring elly-may