Storm Warnings

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Itch2Scratch, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    You folks in Illinois and the St. Louis area need to keep an eye on the weather. Here in south central Missouri, severe storms are developing with tornado, large hail and high wind warnings. These storms are headed NE in the direction of the St. Louis Mo. As they continue to develop they are growing in strength so be advised to keep an eye on your radars. More storms are predicted to develop. Stay safe folks!:crazy:

Ken

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

tornado watch for eastern oklahoma also....if you are in the path, be safe and seek shelter

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
  4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That stuff is forecasted for our area this afternoon and evening sometime. Hope it misses us. I'm to old for all the excitement...:eek:oooh:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Warning: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear.

5. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    All the storms that you all are getting caused snow here last night and today! Expected snow showeres off and on all day today and tonight. Vail got 11 inches of new snow last night. Last week I was in MS and Texas, temps were in the 90's and upper 80's. :cool2: Dont think I ever quite had Fall, just straight into Winter..brrr.

All you guys and gals be safe. Keep an eye on the clouds.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    So far were safe we live in Pike CO. but figure they will get here sooner or later. Don't mind the storms it's just that I live in a mobile home upon top of a big hill.like ken said I'm keeping an eye on the sky. You all stay safe. If it start stroming this thing gets unpluged,Done had one modem burnt up don't need another one from lightening.

7. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Here in north central Arkansas, we have only gotten some wind and a little rain. The clouds come and go now.

I do have a theory that when it's windy alot, the wind blows the worst storms away from my neck of the woods before they take hold. At least this is what I've noticed since I've been in this part of Arkansas the last 3 years.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Y'all stay safe and keep us updated!

9. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Darn, no fishing this weekend. The sun lovers are not visiting the lake as much with this cold weather so I thought I might hit Clinton this weekend. OhWell... maybe Monday or Tuesday. I don't have too much to do.:smile2:

10. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i hope for the best they are comeimg right my way we had a tornado that went past our town last year about this time last year in evansville IND. ill keep a watch on the storms thanks for the heads up

11. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Watch the cow's :big_smile:

12. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    "Here in north central Arkansas, we have only gotten some wind and a little rain. The clouds come and go now."

Ok...I take it all back now! We got hit with 5 tornado sirens going off in Mountain Home and 2 here in Lakeview. Nothing happened with that, blessed be to the Lord, but we still got alot of rain, steady lightning and some wind.

13. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I was at a homecoming football game last night when a storm came through. It was delayed about an hours or so. I had a rain poncho on and also a large sheet of plastic over me. I still got wet. It started lightining again, at the end of the first quarter, and the players ran to the gym. Game was called. The sheriff came around and told everyone to leave that it was really gonna get bad. Yep, he was right. I came home a drown rat and found my husband, dry as can be, chatting on the BOC.
    I think it's been raining around here, on and off, since Thursday.