Storm Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by tdpasser, Apr 28, 2006.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I got the oncall covered and I'm heading into the storm tonight I will be south of the yellow cliffs if anybody sees my red lund say hi. Hope to see you BOC brothers. Sometimes I thought It would be cool if we raised a BOC flag on the boat as we charged through the water. lol Okay that might be silly. Will post the result on Monday or so.

2. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Good luck Terry. Wish I could go!!!! Post your results and you should miss the storm but not the weekend idiots that are usually out there. Stay safe..

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    1 small flat 7lb and 1 big channel 7lb. water temp 68. fished from 1500 friday to 0300 saturday so yes Mike I did escape the noise makers at the launch saturday morning. I fished across from the SB launch in total darkness and listened to partiers camping by the launch screeming till about 0230. I got 4 runs including the 2 fish I caught. Both fish caught on green sunnies. The channels stomach had my sunnie in it and that's all the flat's stomach was packed full of cradad's. It's time to learn rosey for me I heard they are catching big flats at the diversion dam area so I will try in 2 week there. No fishing, oncall till 5/8. I've got to get a salt river fish this year!!!

5. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    I'm with you on getting a salt flattie this year , not sure if I'm going to 4x4 back to the river or take the boat , my buddy had great luck off the river bank last year, said he caught 20 or so from 10 to 1am, mixed bag of flats and channels, all off waterdogs, said he couldn't catch a bluegill for the life of him.

6. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    last summer when we went we caught a ton of bluegill. try fishing around the boat ramp in those big boulders during the day.

7. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Thanks guys, I tried last year 4x4ed back in there and was greeted by a couple of guys blocking the trail to a large section of river and they said they had a big party coming in and they were fishing. I 4x4 past the car they had blocking the trail and they confromted me and I told them they didn't own the river. They were kind enough to let me fish through the night. I fished with huge waterdogs and caught nothing in a hole I thought for sure would produce. I would suggest a boat because you can move. Once on a hole on foot with so many people it's hard move. I'm going with a guy on Fri 5/12 whose very good on the river so I will let you guys know how it goes.