Storm Damage

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfisherman369, Jun 9, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    We was hit by the storm Monday morning . Wiped out everything it seems . So far about 24,000. bucks worth of damage . Took out the pool the hot tub , shingles off house and garage dropped a tree across dog kennels thank god the dogs are ok . Everything in yard is trash and lost 6 trees that I get to cut up. Hail damage on the wifes cadillac that will be totalled due to the pearl paint job on it . Tree took out power pole but they got it up and running quick . Lost both gardens . They said there was winds over 95 miles per hour and the funny thing is there was a little foam cooler in the yard that didnt move an inch..........lol .

Its a mess and a pain in the ass but at least we all lived . My english bulldog is still acting like a nervous wreck lol . I hear Mascoutah Illinois got hit hard hope any brothers that way are ok .

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    SORRY to hear of all your damages by the storm ,but the most important part; you an the family r ok

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry about that Floyd. Sounds pretty bad, but the main thing is no one hurt.

Hope you have good insurance. We had several thousands in damages last year from the after effects of hurricane Ike. State Farm adjuster had a printer in the their car and cut us a check the day they came out. I later found I had some damage to items in my fishing boat. No problem, gave them a call and received a check for more than I was claiming in a few days.

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    sounds real bad at least no one got hurt its a pain but everything can be fixed or replaced thats pretty wild about the foam cooler lol

5. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Glad y'all are okay. Hope the insurance company cooperates.

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tree's coming down can be a pain,, I hope your insurance is decent,,,, we have Allstate,, they are great,,,,

Just be glad no one was hurt,,

I wish a tree would fall on my wife's Cadillac,,, then maybe she would get a good Ford product,,,,lol,,,lol

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Floyd I was following that storm on radar and police radio. I know your area was heavily damaged. Thankful to hear you are all ok. Most material things can be replaced.

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sorry to hear about the damage, just happy to hear that you and everyone else, including the dogs are fine. Definently sounds like a small tornado whipped through the area!! Straight line winds of 95mph would of made that cooler fly into the next county!!

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Thanks guys .

I have had state farm for years , they go a great job . I have replacement cost . So everything will be replaced . It just sucks cleaning it up . The kids have come and brought their families so it is almost cleaned up .

10. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Sorry to hear that Floyd. Glad to hear all your people are OK. We
    went thru it in 1973.