storm damage

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by smokey869, Feb 12, 2009.

1. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    just wondering what yall had in damage from the storms last night and high winds, a lot of downed trees around here and power outages, we lost ours on and off last night but didnt stay off long, we have a huge mess in the back yard :eek:oooh:, a huge tree fell and took about 3 or 4 more with it in a domino effect, have to wait to hear from the dnr before i can hopefully clean it up, here on the lake the state owns a portion all around the lake and the big tree that fell was on the state property and fell onto mine, it even has a public hunting sign on it, i know a guy across the lake cleaned up one that fell a few years ago and was fined like $3,000.00, so i am waiting until i hear back from them before the sawa come out lol

2. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The wind blew a wall to an old building over about half a block from my house. Now the huge building that was built in 1896 is going to be torn down. It was right next to a building that was set on fire back in sept.It also blew a few shingles off the gararge and some siding off the house.

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Was out today and seen alot trees and branches down. I never lost power but my sister did. Man that is so wrong to fine someone $3000.00 for cleaning up a downed tree. Just no justice in that at all...

4. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    they fined another for mowing too close to the lake:eek:oooh:

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    There seems to be no justice at all anymore.
    Read my signature just a little bit closer.:crazy:

6. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Mowing to close to the lake. Now that's ridiculous. Instead of fining him they should've had paid him... Same for the other guy as well...

7. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    THIS IS THE KIND OF GOVERMENT WE HAVE?
    AND THEY SAY YOUR VOTE COUNTS...
    YEA RIGHT, TELL ME THAT CRAP AGAIN..
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::tounge_out::embarassed::crazy::cool2::eek:oooh:

8. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well As i was talking with my Dad .I noticed water coing down my wall.So now I have a hole in the roof.Insurance company says they will cover it.The funnie thing is when we got our taxes back .We were going to pay for it out of our pocket.Guess we should just let the insurance company take care of it.:cool2:

9. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well i lost a lot of siding and shingles and one 30 foot maple.